L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
A Smitty Ha! 😊
Decades ago when running my FJ40 on remote NC outer banks beaches, carried a fluke anchor as a winch anchor. Just in case with rising tides.
Hey Mudder,

When were you in NC? I had a 73 FJ red 40 while stationed at Seymour Johnson 73 - 75 and I took it to Turkey and brought it back when I returned to CONUS. Sold it to a SEAL in Kings Bay, VA. Loved to run the beach and looking for Blues to surf fish. Shot lots of Teal in the mud holes on the OB. Wish I had that FJ back...RED was the best ya know!!

Caper had one two.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Search on "land anchors for winches" and you find a lot of alternatives. I live in a swampy area, and when you have no trees to anchor to, they are essential.

I might add to the "survival kit" some food, water, and TP. If I carry anymore tools and stuff, I'll have to get heavy duty shocks. LOL

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've buried a spare tire and used that to winch to...not as handy as a sand anchor...and I've used shirt pockets when no TP is available...but never moss.

Reactions: CID and Buggyman
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
rudyeng I like your kit...here in AZ I have similar but also snow in winter so add
  • fire starting kit and water proof blankets....been stuck in a snow storm nearly froze my a** off......had a fire kit so was able to warm up.
  • I also now carry portable rollup rear and side windows. Running back to camp in the cold wet with rain or snow blowing in sucks!!
  • In AZ Slime and an hi capacity air compressor are important for thorns and cactus in your tires.
  • Spare fuses...had a couple blow sucks if you don't have any
  • duct tape
  • heavy duty zip ties
  • tie wire
  • SOG shovel
  • Spare tire
Hey Mudder I carry a similar Boost....I love it....have used it several times to help other guys but not mine so far.
What roll up windows are you using?

Reactions: Buggyman
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve stayed in Seymour Johnson AFB lodging a couple of times in my travels.
I always wondered what Mr. and Mrs. Johnson were thinking when they named their son Seymour.
I bet he got his ass kicked every day in gym class.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve stayed in Seymour Johnson AFB lodging a couple of times in my travels.
I always wondered what Mr. and Mrs. Johnson were thinking when they named their son Seymour.
I bet he got his ass kicked every day in gym class.
Not unlike Augusta