P1000 Second Battery Winch Wiring

Scout19

Scout19

May 31, 2020
Princeton
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, good deal. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Why is the power for the winch solenoid ran from what I have circled? I guess I'm not even sure what that is.

Screenshot 20210325 185331 Gallery Screenshot 20210325 185331 Gallery

Reactions: Lady01
advertisement
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why is the power for the winch solenoid ran from what I have circled? I guess I'm not even sure what that is.

View attachment 262897 View attachment 262898
I’m not sure what that is either, what I did was I got the plug and play key on adapter from the club store and ran that to a buss bar to trigger all my key on components, stinger, battery isolator, wEnch solenoid. It made setting that stuff up a lot easier.

Scout19

Scout19

May 31, 2020
Princeton
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not sure what that is either, what I did was I got the plug and play key on adapter from the club store and ran that to a buss bar to trigger all my key on components, stinger, battery isolator, wEnch solenoid. It made setting that stuff up a lot easier.

I did that same thing. I have my radio, fans, and bildge fan hooked up to it. I thought having the winch hooked up to the main battery wouldn't be an issue. I found out when I was winching out from being really stuck that I was wrong lol. That took me like a month of research to do myself. Now theres so many wires and grounds everywhere I dont want to screw anything up haha

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did that same thing. I have my radio, fans, and bildge fan hooked up to it. I thought having the winch hooked up to the main battery wouldn't be an issue. I found out when I was winching out from being really stuck that I was wrong lol. That took me like a month of research to do myself. Now theres so many wires and grounds everywhere I dont want to screw anything up haha
Yeah, that’s why I did the ground buss bar and key on buss bar, to try and organize the wires better. I put all of my accessories on the second battery, and going through my fuse block that way all accessories were fused, front lights, rear lights, whips, under seat fan etc. I didn’t want anything pulling power from the main battery.