100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am now thinking in hindsight that a rotopax or copy would've been better in the limited space dept. Less so than the jerry can approach.

Reactions: AlR and trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just found these at a deal plus the mount both at 29% and 33% off. Sold through Rotopax
"Our packs are individually pressure tested and manufactured 100% in the USA by American workers"
3.5 Gallon FuelpaX

Last edited:
J

JTW

If you're a buy it and bolt it on guy then that's a good setup. Depends on your needs though, not enough covered storage for me. Don't like how it sticks out the back either. If I were building another one I would go more for what @Chooglin did.
Ha! I'm a best for the $$$ guy. Some things you just can't build for what you can buy them for. Hanging off the rear makes zero difference in the machine. And if you have a passanger and still want to haul the dog... he's going to be pissed when you stuff him in your box.

Reactions: swsebek
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ha! I'm a best for the $$$ guy. Some things you just can't build for what you can buy them for. Hanging off the rear makes zero difference in the machine. And if you have a passanger and still want to haul the dog... he's going to be pissed when you stuff him in your box.

Hanging off the rear does make a difference, you didn't ride it long enough to make a sound recommendation anyway. As stated, depends on your needs and I'm not hauling a dog. As far as best for the money, already had the tool box and I have more time than money into mine so I guess that made it more cost effective too.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The two 2.5 gallon cans got cancelled. If the mounts still come, that's great because in hindsight I figured I could use them on my 5 gal jerry cans on the trailer. If the two little British ones still come, I may keep them.

Reactions: trigger
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Enough text how about lets see some pics of everyone's setup with jerry cans and for rotopax.. Dam u for the discount link on rotopax, ordering one now..... damit..
Not Rotopax. they're FuelPax non stackable. With only a 1 year warranty opposed to rotopax's 10 years.

Reactions: sharp and trigger
advertisement
Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Just a thought... If you end up with just a small area for your dog and are afraid she may fall off, as you travel, you can make a side rail or two that is removable. I have a little medal bracket that these slide into. The real reason i have them is so fence posts and other things don't roll off the back while going uphill but the dogs use them too. And they are easy to remove when i don't need them. I haven't had time to make some for my p5 yet. ...Of course i look like a country bumpkin with them but i guess thats what i am. Haha

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just a thought... If you end up with just a small area for your dog and are afraid she may fall off, as you travel, you can make a side rail or two that is removable. I have a little medal bracket that these slide into. The real reason i have them is so fence posts and other things don't roll off the back while going uphill but the dogs use them too. And they are easy to remove when i don't need them. I haven't had time to make some for my p5 yet. ...Of course i look like a country bumpkin with them but i guess thats what i am. Haha

View attachment 45550

Miss Oak's first mod...very cool! :cool:

J

JTW

Hanging off the rear does make a difference, you didn't ride it long enough to make a sound recommendation anyway. As stated, depends on your needs and I'm not hauling a dog. As far as best for the money, already had the tool box and I have more time than money into mine so I guess that made it more cost effective too.
I rode it enough to know the box and basket were an awesome combo!!! The basket is stout enough to handle rolling back into a tree.. and I still miss the box... I wish it would fit behind the seats of the pk5! Different strokes... but if you want to ride a passenger and throw a deer on the back or bring the pup too, all while having enough storage for whatever the situation Husky tool box and strongmade basket are the tits!

Reactions: sharp
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 45550
Classy side mirror you have there.....lol

Reactions: sharp
advertisement