P1000 Roof mounted light bar

VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to mount a light bar (30" - 40") on the hard roof of the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I don't want to mount to the plastic roof but attach to the roll bar. Did you cut holes in the roof or extend forward just below the roof? I'd like any suggestion, especially if you have pictures to share.

Reactions: TxDoc
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If you mounted it close to the bar and used big washers it doesn't move. I've done a couple setups like that and the plastic they use on the roof is very solid. If you mounted it too solid up there it won't allow any play if you do hit something directly to the plastic does allow a little "wiggle room " if needed. I did quit mounting to the roof because it just snagged too much (nearly a foot different clearance in tight stuff because without one the front edge of the roof curves and stuff slides without incidence rather then coming 6inches up that to a big square stopper that's an inch off the roof and 4 more tall) and although it lights up well from top you always had to look through the light which was tough and in adverse conditions impossible and if you wanted the roof off ever you lose your light.

Last edited:
K

Kdogkan

Mar 22, 2016
Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want to mount a light bar (30" - 40") on the hard roof of the Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I don't want to mount to the plastic roof but attach to the roll bar. Did you cut holes in the roof or extend forward just below the roof? I'd like any suggestion, especially if you have pictures to share.
Hey Chuck, i'm in the process of doing the same thing. I have a 40" Rigid light bar that i'm going to mount on the front of my roof but don't want to mount it to the plastic roof. I have a couple of ideas and will do the one that's the least intrusive. I'll definitely post some pics after completed. BTW, I have the hard roof and split windshield.

Reactions: Gofishone66
VenturaChuck

VenturaChuck

Apr 22, 2016
Ventura, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Chuck, i'm in the process of doing the same thing. I have a 40" Rigid light bar that i'm going to mount on the front of my roof but don't want to mount it to the plastic roof. I have a couple of ideas and will do the one that's the least intrusive. I'll definitely post some pics after completed. BTW, I have the hard roof and split windshield.
Thanks, for the reply, Kdogkan. One thought I had was to use a couple of Axia Alloys mounts around the roll bar with the slotted arm protruding through the plastic roof. Just don't know if the slotted arm would be long enough

Keep me posted with your progress. I just took delivery of the Pioneer last Thursday. Friday this week we're off to the Spangler Hills area of the Mojave Desert for our first ride

Chuck

Reactions: Kdogkan
S

samtoby

May 26, 2016
Calgary
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, for the reply, Kdogkan. One thought I had was to use a couple of Axia Alloys mounts around the roll bar with the slotted arm protruding through the plastic roof. Just don't know if the slotted arm would be long enough

Keep me posted with your progress. I just took delivery of the Pioneer last Thursday. Friday this week we're off to the Spangler Hills area of the Mojave Desert for our first ride

Chuck

I put a 52" curved lightbar just underneath the roof. I couldnt add it to the top as it would have been to high to go into my enclosed trailer. I think it turned out pretty good.

IMG 4362

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I put a 52" curved lightbar just underneath the roof. I couldnt add it to the top as it would have been to high to go into my enclosed trailer. I think it turned out pretty good.

View attachment 15876

Looks really good! I bet that thing will throw some light.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015

View attachment 15876

How did you attach this? I just ordered a 50" curved light bar and am contemplating where and how to mount it.

advertisement
B

bjd68

Jun 5, 2016
abbotsford B.C.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody attached a 52 " curved on the front lip of the roof I have a full tilt windshield so can't mount like the one above but that does look great

Reactions: jeremysj71
K

Kdogkan

Mar 22, 2016
Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody attached a 52 " curved on the front lip of the roof I have a full tilt windshield so can't mount like the one above but that does look great

I'm in the same boat you are. This is a 40" Rigid. I hope you can see how it's mounted. You can buy the roll bar bracket on Amazon.

Image Image View attachment 16572

K

Kdogkan

Mar 22, 2016
Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks that looks good thats exactly what I want to do ill check out amazon for those mounts ! Could u tell me is that a 2" roll bar mount?

It's 45mm or 1.75"

Reactions: bjd68
jeremysj71

jeremysj71

Mar 19, 2016
Tennessee

View attachment 15876
What brackets did yo use ?

Chipper

Chipper

May 30, 2016
Savannah GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 15876
How do you like your bar like this? And the 52" curved fit good between the roll cage? This is how I want to mount my bar! Looks great!

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
I wonder if a 50" curved light bar would fit mounted to the glass windshield frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted my 40" curved bar lower for two reasons. First I didn't want it to raise the overall height and second, I have read (no personal experience) that during heavy rain, snow or fog, there is a possibility of reflection due to the light through that medium.
40 in curved bar

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted my 42" curved light bar to the front of the roof. It doesn't affect the height. I have no I'll effects in rain ect. Its not as stable as mounting it to the frame but not too bouncy either. This is my 2nd machine like this and it works.

Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
advertisement