P1000 Road some really dusty trails last night with some ATVs, how to wash this thing??

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So I went on about a 20 mile ride last night with a few Polaris atvs and it was DUSTY as hell. Well now I have dust in every little crack, inside, between windshield and roll bar, etc. How are you guys cleaning these, Im sure the outside is fairly easy im more worried causing damage to inside. I planned on taking windshield off and getting behind it, but can I spray down the inside just to knock the dust off and not damage the digital display??? BTW this thing had the atv guys drooling lol. I could keep up on the trails and when we got on the open paved road, I stopped put it in high range ran them down and passed them all with me, my fiancé, and my brother in laws g/f in the front seat haha
Use a leaf blower works great on Dust

Reactions: CumminsPusher
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not afraid to use the pressure washer and that works really well obviously. The best thing is to stay away from any rubber boots on your axles suspension components stuff like that I have never seen a problem from the pressure washer myself as long as you stay away from certain key components. A light spray through the whole rig just staying a little distance from anything that looks important and you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some times I'll stop by the quarter wash on the way home and get the big stuff off, because I'm too tired and lazy to drag out the pressure washer after riding.,lol I also have a lever hydrant that I have connected directly to the main inch and a half water line and with the right nozzle it is very strong and easier than getting out the pressure washer.

J

JTW

I completely understand. If I typed the same way I talk in person, I wouldn't be allowed here. Just about @JTW, it took us a while to get used to him.

So, have you used the super clean? Also, the above post about these vehicles are sold with out a roof means that their electronics are sealed against water.

I literally use the water hose on the under side of the roof and all the way down. Let me show you a before and after....

87adafaa40c5aac13fc4d7b895e27fc1

2e96cb5c4a6ef215a4937a46e5d8ce8e

So I wash all that off with a water hose and have had no ill effects.
Hey monkey f***er... what on earth do you mean?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ive never used super clean but you got my interest if that's what you used and never had to touch it with a sponge lmao because that's WAYYYY worse then mine.

Mix it 50/50 with water before applying to make sure it doesn't discolor anything.

You MUST spray off the chunky stuff first. You can use it at full strength or near full strength but you will run the risk of discoloring something. The only time I've ever discolored something was the grill of a truck several years ago. I have occasionally used it full strength on the pioneer and have not discolored anything yet. But to be safe so I don't make any enemies, I will only recommended it 50/50. Anything above that, use at your own risk.

Put it in a pump up sprayer and mist your whole vehicle with it. Let it sit for about a minute with (out drying) and then rinse it off.

Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mix it 50/50 with water before applying to make sure it doesn't discolor anything.

You MUST spray off the chunky stuff first. You can use it at full strength or near full strength but you will run the risk of discoloring something. The only time I've ever discolored something was the grill of a truck several years ago. I have occasionally used it full strength on the pioneer and have not discolored anything yet. But to be safe so I don't make any enemies, I will only recommended it 50/50. Anything above that, use at your own risk.

Put it in a pump up sprayer and mist your whole vehicle with it. Let it sit for about a minute with (out drying) and then rinse it off.
Thanks man Im def going to try it your unit looks like mine did brand new lol. I just looked and saw a jug was like $8 That's what I would have spent at the car wash

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I completely understand. If I typed the same way I talk in person, I wouldn't be allowed here. Just about @JTW, it took us a while to get used to him.

So, have you used the super clean? Also, the above post about these vehicles are sold with out a roof means that their electronics are sealed against water.

I literally use the water hose on the under side of the roof and all the way down. Let me show you a before and after....

87adafaa40c5aac13fc4d7b895e27fc1

2e96cb5c4a6ef215a4937a46e5d8ce8e

So I wash all that off with a water hose and have had no ill effects.

Tell me about your stainless cupholders - me like..

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Tell me about your stainless cupholders - me like..

They got black plastic or stainless. I love them. Big cups now fit, small cans or bottles are held by the second lower part. It has a drain hole.

You have to pry the existing cupholders out and trim the whole a little bit bigger and drop these in. Easy peezy

Amarine-made Stainless Steel Cup Drink Holder with Drain Marine Boat Rv Camper Amazon.com : Amarine-made Stainless Steel Cup Drink Holder with Drain Marine Boat Rv Camper : Boating Deck Hardware : Sports & Outdoors

J

JTW

They got black plastic or stainless. I love them. Big cups now fit, small cans or bottles are held by the second lower part. It has a drain hole.

You have to pry the existing cupholders out and trim the whole a little bit bigger and drop these in. Easy peezy

Amarine-made Stainless Steel Cup Drink Holder with Drain Marine Boat Rv Camper Amazon.com : Amarine-made Stainless Steel Cup Drink Holder with Drain Marine Boat Rv Camper : Boating Deck Hardware : Sports & Outdoors
That was a great addition from whoever came up with it!! I love them! Mine are plastic.. I was afraid the stainless would be noisy with stuff in them (screws, tools, whatever)... have you noticed that as an issue?

Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I can't remember who was the first want to do it, but it wasn't me. I'd like to give credit where credit is due.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've continually got screws in mine and it doesn't really seem to matter except just like the factory ones your beer never sits flat because of it

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great idea whoever you are.. much appreciated over the goofy ass stock holders!

Agreed.

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I usually keep a koozie on my beer, and the factory beer holders are just a tad too small, those would be perfect in the event I ever put the beer down.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I usually keep a koozie on my beer, and the factory beer holders are just a tad too small, those would be perfect in the event I ever put the beer down.

I'd love to be able to use a koozie but by the time I've got it on my beers gone. What's up with that?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd love to be able to use a koozie but by the time I've got it on my beers gone. What's up with that?

I have the same problem.lol I usually take a good chug of the beer before I put the koozie on so the can doesn't bend in and push beer out.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Look up Neoprene koozies with magnets, they are awsome, and will hold up to a 16oz beer without falling off. Maybe @Hondasxs can get some made up to sell. I'll take 2.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I refuse to put some stupid looking bro dozer guy ass grabbing jeep loving snorkel on mine, so no creek water or heavy mud lmao plus I had a pregnant fiancé on board so my shanigans were kept to a minimum.

I am a little late for the party, but each to there own I don't like the looks of a snorkel sticking up through the hood either.
Now I am going to really step in it. The Pioneer is not a mud machine a belt is better.:p

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement