P1000 Road some really dusty trails last night with some ATVs, how to wash this thing??

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I went on about a 20 mile ride last night with a few Polaris atvs and it was DUSTY as hell. Well now I have dust in every little crack, inside, between windshield and roll bar, etc. How are you guys cleaning these, Im sure the outside is fairly easy im more worried causing damage to inside. I planned on taking windshield off and getting behind it, but can I spray down the inside just to knock the dust off and not damage the digital display??? BTW this thing had the atv guys drooling lol. I could keep up on the trails and when we got on the open paved road, I stopped put it in high range ran them down and passed them all with me, my fiancé, and my brother in laws g/f in the front seat haha

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's all ya got is a little dust? No mud inside? No creek water? Don't ever ride with @Delton @sharp @joeymt33 @DGann @Tigermark @GlockMeister @Manwell or any of these wingnuts around here.. They will wish all you had was a little dust to blow off.;)

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I went on about a 20 mile ride last night with a few Polaris atvs and it was DUSTY as hell. Well now I have dust in every little crack, inside, between windshield and roll bar, etc. How are you guys cleaning these, Im sure the outside is fairly easy im more worried causing damage to inside. I planned on taking windshield off and getting behind it, but can I spray down the inside just to knock the dust off and not damage the digital display??? BTW this thing had the atv guys drooling lol. I could keep up on the trails and when we got on the open paved road, I stopped put it in high range ran them down and passed them all with me, my fiancé, and my brother in laws g/f in the front seat haha
If it's just dust I take the air hose and blow it out. Mud..Swamp water or anything else nasty it's pressure washer time..Inside and out I don't spray directly at the electronics. But a little water won't hurt them.

Reactions: sharp
Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's all ya got is a little dust? No mud inside? No creek water? Don't ever ride with @Delton @sharp @joeymt33 @DGann @Tigermark @GlockMeister @Manwell or any of these wingnuts around here.. They will wish all you had was a little dust to blow off.;)
I refuse to put some stupid looking bro dozer guy ass grabbing jeep loving snorkel on mine, so no creek water or heavy mud lmao plus I had a pregnant fiancé on board so my shanigans were kept to a minimum.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I refuse to put some stupid looking bro dozer guy ass grabbing jeep loving snorkel on mine, so no creek water or heavy mud lmao plus I had a pregnant fiancé on board so my shanigans were kept to a minimum.
You may want to talk to @CumminsPusher about "some stupid looking bro dozer guy ass grabbing jeep loving snorkel" before you say never.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You may want to talk to @CumminsPusher about "some stupid looking bro dozer guy ass grabbing jeep loving snorkel" before you say never.
Id rather put a motor in it then have a snorkel hanging out of it lol. I HATE snorkels. I may run a dryer vent to under the dash like some guys did but ill never have something visable. Reminds me of jeeps, which remind me of Caitlin Jenner.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Id rather put a motor in it then have a snorkel hanging out of it lol. I HATE snorkels. I may run a dryer vent to under the dash like some guys did but ill never have something visable. Reminds me of jeeps, which remind me of Caitlin Jenner.
LOL, you have issues if anything reminds you of Caitlin Jenner!.:eek:;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
lol a goofy looking Wiener shaped object sticking out of a hood is like a woman with a body part sticking out of her hood that shouldn't be there. I do like the high lifter snorkel its pretty concealed from the outside
Before you go to far off on other people's equipment I think our friend Drf' here was merely suggesting you do something for the safety of your Pioneer. A few inches of water could possibly take it down and a 12k mistake is a big one.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I use a hose and a soft brizzle brush, inside and out, or should I say I used to use those, now I just leave it dirty because its only going to get dirty again the next day
That's what my daughter always tried to tell me when it was her turn to was the dishes.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, I guess I understand your issue with the looks of a snorkel. But looking at your Avatar makes me wonder why would anyone do that to a beautiful dually truck?...

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Before you go to far off on other people's equipment I think our friend Drf' here was merely suggesting you do something for the safety of your Pioneer. A few inches of water could possibly take it down and a 12k mistake is a big one.
I know he was I was just giving him a little s*** for making fun of my dust lol. I don't mind other people modding their stuff too their liking I was just stating why its only dusty and no covered in mud etc.

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
lol a goofy looking Wiener shaped object sticking out of a hood is like a woman with a body part sticking out of her hood that shouldn't be there. I do like the high lifter snorkel its pretty concealed from the outside

Dang man, Why don't tell us what you think? Just think if we had got this info to CumminsPusher and many more before he hydro locked an engine? We are pretty light hearted here DrF is just having a good time with us. I don't think there was any disrespect meant toward you.

Remember that a lot us do things for functionality and not looks.

One other thing, remember the old saying "you can catch more flys with honey vs vinegar"?

I'll help answer your question anyway. I've used a blowgun like mentioned before and I've used a leaf blower. Also, I've never worried about spraying water all over the vehicle. I spray the dash, under the hood, and don't worry. I've not had any damage to any electronics yet but I don't use a pressure washer either.

One more tip, try Castrol Super Clean if you haven't already. It will make it look new.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dang man, Why don't tell us what you think? Just think if we had got this info to CumminsPusher and many more before he hydro locked an engine? We are pretty light hearted here DrF is just having a good time with us. I don't think there was any disrespect meant toward you.

Remember that a lot us do things for functionality and not looks.

One other thing, remember the old saying "you can catch more flys with honey vs vinegar"?

I'll help answer your question anyway. I've used a blowgun like mentioned before and I've used a leaf blower. Also, I've never worried about spraying water all over the vehicle. I spray the dash, under the hood, and don't worry. I've not had any damage to any electronics yet but I don't use a pressure washer either.

One more tip, try Castrol Super Clean if you haven't already. It will make it look new.
Trust me I didn't take it to heart, I knew I was going to hear it from somebody lol. I didn't mean to come off strong about my snorkel comment either, maybe just through text and not knowing my since of humor it was take the wrong way I was really only kidding and couldn't careless about how other mod their machine, its not mine. BUT in all serious mine will see mud maybe 5% of its life and will be pushing a $70k racecar around 50% of its life that's why I don't really wanna hack anything up or have something sticking up out of its hood when I do believe ill never need it and it will just look goofy for my application. Don't take anything I said personally or even serious at that.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Trust me I didn't take it to heart, I knew I was going to hear it from somebody lol. I didn't mean to come off strong about my snorkel comment either, maybe just through text and not knowing my since of humor it was take the wrong way I was really only kidding and couldn't careless about how other mod their machine, its not mine. BUT in all serious mine will see mud maybe 5% of its life and will be pushing a $70k racecar around 50% of its life that's why I don't really wanna hack anything up or have something sticking up out of its hood when I do believe ill never need it and it will just look goofy for my application. Don't take anything I said personally or even serious at that.

I completely understand. If I typed the same way I talk in person, I wouldn't be allowed here. Just about @JTW, it took us a while to get used to him.

So, have you used the super clean? Also, the above post about these vehicles are sold with out a roof means that their electronics are sealed against water.

I literally use the water hose on the under side of the roof and all the way down. Let me show you a before and after....

87adafaa40c5aac13fc4d7b895e27fc1

2e96cb5c4a6ef215a4937a46e5d8ce8e

So I wash all that off with a water hose and have had no ill effects.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Di
I completely understand. If I typed the same way I talk in person, I wouldn't be allowed here. Just about @JTW, it took us a while to get used to him.

So, have you used the super clean? Also, the above post about these vehicles are sold with out a roof means that their electronics are sealed against water.

I literally use the water hose on the under side of the roof and all the way down. Let me show you a before and after....

87adafaa40c5aac13fc4d7b895e27fc1

2e96cb5c4a6ef215a4937a46e5d8ce8e

So I wash all that off with a water hose and have had no ill effects.
did you just spray off the big clumps, then spray 50/50 super clean on it then rinse the super clean off, or did you have to hand wash it too?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm not afraid to use the pressure washer and that works really well obviously. The best thing is to stay away from any rubber boots on your axles suspension components stuff like that I have never seen a problem from the pressure washer myself as long as you stay away from certain key components. A light spray through the whole rig just staying a little distance from anything that looks important and you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement