P1000 Riders Beware

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
I think the most important thing is to read the manual, especially on something so revolutionary! I got caught out on my first oil change as it wasn't till then that I realized that it had two oil plug drains, and accordingly two crush washers were required...

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I think the most important thing is to read the manual, especially on something so revolutionary! I got caught out on my first oil change as it wasn't till then that I realized that it had two oil plug drains, and accordingly two crush washers were required...
u don't need new crush washers all manufactures say that and we use them again and again never any leaks unless u gouge them or something!! but yeah 2 drain plugs because of the sump crazy huh lol

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
u don't need new crush washers all manufactures say that and we use them again and again never any leaks unless u gouge them or something!! but yeah 2 drain plugs because of the sump crazy huh lol
I would agree. I generally reuse them too.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have always reuse them as well. I will occasionally use the new one when they have it taped to the filter package. But I know on my old foreman, it's probably never had the washer changed.

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
That's funny, I always have reused them in the past, except I read on here that the Honda tech says they NEVER reuse them, so I figured that he knew best! I always change them in my BMW, because I just don't want to deal with ANY issues on it. One of my washers was pretty deformed from factory, so they had cranked it on there pretty tight....

Reactions: CashMoney
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
no different than any other vehicle. I have the same washers on my drag bikes and we change the oil about 15-20 times a summer. every 15 passes or so only time mine gets replaces is if I lose it lol ( no leaks so far)

Reactions: CashMoney
Donnie

Donnie

Dec 18, 2015
SW Missouri
When I had my rig serviced at the 100 mile mark (by the dealer) it started a slight oil leak. They replaced the crush washer to fix it. I don't know if they reused the old one or they got a defective new one when they did the initial service, but they even drove to my house and got it, fixed it, and brought it back. Talk about service.

Reactions: Kingmudd
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
thats good and bad lol, maybe something I don't know about the hondas with the crush washer? All I know is most all atv and motorcycles say replace them and I never have and have never had a single drop anyone else had leaks?

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda recommends them so I paid the extra 0.25 cents and got them when I got the oil and filters.