Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Slow go with the family. About two hours out
Well you are not missing anything been raining all day blowing in from Southeast. I haven't left the house today, I gotta head out at 4 AM to deliver Hurricane relief trailers to TX. FEMA pays too much to pass them up, about double pay than delivering to RV dealers.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What’s the easy way to the eternal flame? I’m going to go look for JTW’s hammock strap. I don’t want to run much pavement, But I’m not taking the wife and kids up dragons back and down widow maker.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
What’s the easy way to the eternal flame? I’m going to go look for JTW’s hammock strap. I don’t want to run much pavement, But I’m not taking the wife and kids up dragons back and down widow maker.

The fastest and easiest way is as follows, all rods I am listing are legal OHV routes.

Take Stinking Creek road back to I-75, continue over the interstate taking the road to the end. It comes to a T with TN Hwy 63.
Turn right on Hwy 63 follow road until you see a road going left about 1/2 mile or so (look for ATV Route Signs)
Turn left on that road (Old Hwy 63) 30 mph speed limit.
Continue on old Hwy 63 past the timber yard on right, the next road (gravel) on right is Turley mountain road across the bridge it intersects with two other trails/roads just across the RR tracks.
The below picture is the trail map starting at the upper right corner with the Parking area is Turley mountain road just across the RR tracks, follow the yellow path I highlighted along the trails to get to Eternal Flame.

Essentially Turley Mtn. Road to RBS 9 to Dean Rd. then on Log Road 1 to RBS 10 to Eternal Flame. (Readers Digest Version) If you have the maps that me and @Hondasxs use with Oruxmaps App should take you right there.

ET

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
The fastest and easiest way is as follows, all rods I am listing are legal OHV routes.

Take Stinking Creek road back to I-75, continue over the interstate taking the road to the end. It comes to a T with TN Hwy 63.
Turn right on Hwy 63 follow road until you see a road going left about 1/2 mile or so (look for ATV Route Signs)
Continue on old Hwy 63 past the timber yard on right, the next road (gravel) on right is Turley mountain road across the bridge it intersects with two other trails/roads just across the RR tracks.
The below picture is the trail map starting at the upper right corner with the Parking area is Turley mountain road just across the RR tracks, follow the yellow path I highlighted along the trails to get to Eternal Flame.

View attachment 55858
@joeymt33
Here is the whole overview from RRB campground to Eternal Flame, fast and easy. Follow the PINK highlight.
ET2

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Essentially Turley Mtn. Road to RBS 9 to Dean Rd. then on Log Road 1 to RBS 10 to Eternal Flame. (Readers Digest Version) If you have the maps that me and @Hondasxs use with Oruxmaps App should take you right there.

View attachment 55858

Thanks a bunch! I have not invested more those fancy GPS things yet. I do have an Apple phone so I can’t use the same mapping system you guys do.

This could be a fun trip that momma would like.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Thanks a bunch! I have not invested more those fancy GPS things yet. I do have an Apple phone so I can’t use the same mapping system you guys do.

This could be a fun trip that momma would like.
Fancy GPS not needed, get a $99 Kindle Fire 8" tablet running Android and load ORUXMAPS app. That's what I use.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@joeymt33
Here is the whole overview from RRB campground to Eternal Flame, fast and easy. Follow the PINK highlight.
View attachment 55859

Thanks again, I have saved these maps. Do you think it’s a couple hours over there? Realistically speaking it will probably take us that long with several stops on the way.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Thanks again, I have saved these maps. Do you think it’s a couple hours over there? Realistically speaking it will probably take us that long with several stops on the way.
From Royal Blue campground to Eternal Flame going that route is about 90 minutes averaging 18 miles an hour, that is easy cruising. I have run it in just over an hour pushing 25 mph on the trails/ roads but that's too risky with family.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well.
Had a tire pinch today on a trail from the flame. Took 4 plugs. Fn pissed. Side wall and on the very edge of the rim. I was running 14 psi do I'm not sure why I always get tire pinch. Damit.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well.
Had a tire pinch today on a trail from the flame. Took 4 plugs. Fn pissed. Side wall and on the very edge of the rim. I was running 14 psi do I'm not sure why I always get tire pinch. Damit.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Man that sucks!

J

JTW

If it’s too far out of the way, don’t worry about it! I can order another set of straps and carabiners for 20 bucks and have a spare of each.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well.
Had a tire pinch today on a trail from the flame. Took 4 plugs. Fn pissed. Side wall and on the very edge of the rim. I was running 14 psi do I'm not sure why I always get tire pinch.

Damit. Strictly my opinion. But 12" wheels are way better. I've got 28" tensors regulators on a 12" wheel. Zero flats 28" pitbulls on 14" and a pinch flat. I'm going 30 on the 14 there is nothing I can stand more than flat tires on and off road vehicle it makes me irate

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
advertisement