P1000 Reverse lights

Samiam1286

Samiam1286

Jul 24, 2016
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so if I use the backup alarm harness for a back up light, is there any concern about dropping the battery voltage, from what I have read if you start hooking up accessories to the primary battery you run the risk of shift solenoids not functioning correctly and causing clutch issues.

Reactions: ChadD
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so if I use the backup alarm harness for a back up light, is there any concern about dropping the battery voltage, from what I have read if you start hooking up accessories to the primary battery you run the risk of shift solenoids not functioning correctly and causing clutch issues.

Depends on your lights power usage but for a small pair of lights I would not be concerned. Keep in mind with the lights wired to the reverse circuit they can only be used when the key is on and vehicle is in reverse. If you dont have the engine running and you're in reverse the Pioneer will roll if it's not on flat ground so most likely you won't use reverse lights as light when you're not running the engine.

pmward

pmward

Jul 28, 2016
Galena, Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I searched long and hard for the correct plug before doing the install, and wound up using the dummy plug already there.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I searched long and hard for the correct plug before doing the install, and wound up using the dummy plug already there.
Ill look into that, Thanks

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What did you mount these to??
I’m hooking up the same lights and tried to mount to the roll bar bolt but it’s proving to be pretty difficult. Pics would really help.
Used one of the rops bolts to mount the bracket.
Downloadfile 19

Jmildoc

Jmildoc

Oct 15, 2017
Martinsville IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got mine hooked up.
How did you get the light mounted to its own bracket? I tried Rops bolt but couldn’t get the light mounted at all.
22b86af429bc252f1ccb77b5a206262b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got mine hooked up.
How did you get the light mounted to its own bracket? I tried Rops bolt but couldn’t get the light mounted at all.
View attachment 63242

It was kindof a PITA but i got it in there. An extra long allen wrench help alot too.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!

That appears to be a rear mounted winch. I've only been on this site for just more than a month and that's the first I've seen or heard of such a unicorn. Tell me more about that? What do you have up front? What made/gave you the idea of a rear mounted winch?

I am not the first, I copied @snuffnwhiskey and @joeymt33 design. They detail it better than I do in their garage threads.

I ride just with fam sometimes don’t have access to another SxS or tractor around our land and if I get stuck it’s sometimes far more difficult to winch myself forward through then back through and I know you can winch your self backwards with a front mounted winch, perfectly positioned trees and enough snatch blocks and cable extensions.

I’d rather just pull myself backward with a rear mounted winch.

It’s just a Viper 4500lb you will have to go with HMF or another aftermarket exhaust and bend the exhaust mounting tabs up to get clearance for the winch to fit and have separation to prevent heat transfer.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hit up some of the biggest build threads. Not quite a unicorn, requires a different exhaust and some fab work depending on your skill level.

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I got a good deal on the two lights or else I'd have just done one. Appreciate the reassurance.

Use one for an interior light if you don’t have one.

Bachej

Bachej

May 24, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone mounting the single light from store on rops and have the soft rear panel?