Replacement MSO to get title.

S

Steve123

Jul 21, 2019
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
Hello everyone, I searched on this topic but didn't find anything. I bought a used P500 from a guy and didn't think to ask for the MSO (he bought it new). Called him a couple of times and he said he would send it (and of course he didn't). Now he is ghosting me. He lives 2 states away so I can't just drop by his house. The only thing I have as proof of ownership is a bill of sale.

This machine is a 2015 and I have had it for a year now. Can I get a replacement MSO from Honda or do just punt because I am not going to title it anyway. (NE doesn't require it)

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone, I searched on this topic but didn't find anything. I bought a used P500 from a guy and didn't think to ask for the MSO (he bought it new). Called him a couple of times and he said he would send it (and of course he didn't). Now he is ghosting me. He lives 2 states away so I can't just drop by his house. The only thing I have as proof of ownership is a bill of sale.

This machine is a 2015 and I have had it for a year now. Can I get a replacement MSO from Honda or do just punt because I am not going to title it anyway. (NE doesn't require it)
If you don't plan on titling it, no need to worry about MSO. You have the BoS to show proof of ownership.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Punt, I just went thru the same with mine and was told a replacement couldn't be had but fortunately I found the original. I did get a copy from financial institution where I financed it but the State required the original. I was getting registered for a OHV plate!

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In Mississippi you can buy a title bond. Basically paying a lawyer to say that you own it. If that's not available just do what @BigOL3 said.