P1000 Rattles and squeaks

R

RJB

Mar 31, 2016
Durango, Colorado
I know rattles and squeaks are just part of the UTV world but what are you guys doing to keep it at bay? The main culprits seem to be the doors and the dump bed. I have wrapped the latch bars with electrical tape and this really helps but it only lasts for about 60 miles until the latch wears through. Has anyone come up with a more permanent fix? Also I have been getting some very obnoxious deep squeaking from the roll cage. Will tightening up the bolts help this.
I just love how quiet this machine runs and the rattles are way more noticable because of how quiet it is.

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It can't hurt to re-torque the roll cage bolts and see if that helps. I adjusted my bed latches down so they hold the bed tight, that seemed to get rid of the noise as well. You have to fool with it a little bit and make sure you don't go too far down, or the bed will be hard to dump. I put tape on the door latches as well, but I think there is room on the hinge to slide a washer in there and tighten up the gap as well.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I know rattles and squeaks are just part of the UTV world but what are you guys doing to keep it at bay? The main culprits seem to be the doors and the dump bed. I have wrapped the latch bars with electrical tape and this really helps but it only lasts for about 60 miles until the latch wears through. Has anyone come up with a more permanent fix? Also I have been getting some very obnoxious deep squeaking from the roll cage. Will tightening up the bolts help this.
I just love how quiet this machine runs and the rattles are way more noticable because of how quiet it is.
Some people put a good stereo system so they don't hear it and add some grease to your tape

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The doors do have adjustable rubber stops. All you have to do is turn them out a little and it will tighten the door. Don't go to far or it gets hard to close. I also had to move my door catch on the ROPS down a little to put a little more pressure on the latch. I noticed the passenger door was actually moving up and down at the latch end a bit on reall rough roads. As for the box Nightcrawler is right, you can fiddle with the box latches but it can get tricky. Lol.

Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
R

RJB

Mar 31, 2016
Durango, Colorado
The doors do have adjustable rubber stops. All you have to do is turn them out a little and it will tighten the door. Don't go to far or it gets hard to close. I also had to move my door catch on the ROPS down a little to put a little more pressure on the latch. I noticed the passenger door was actually moving up and down at the latch end a bit on reall rough roads. As for the box Nightcrawler is right, you can fiddle with the box latches but it can get tricky. Lol.
I actually put a rubber bumper extension on the rubber stop and adjusted the doors and latches as much as possible. They still rattle unless I have fresh tape (chanded out every ride if I want to stay quiet). There has to be some type of permanent material that you can put on the latch catch bar to stop the metal on metal contact. Anyone have any idieas? I will try adjusting the catches on the dump bed as well.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had trouble with rear side windows not aligning properly to latch closing? I have the 1000 deluxe with hard roof. Have taken it to dealer to adjust, just didn't take. Real pain, any ideas? Getting ready to go after it with hammer and wrench.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I actually put a rubber bumper extension on the rubber stop and adjusted the doors and latches as much as possible. They still rattle unless I have fresh tape (chanded out every ride if I want to stay quiet). There has to be some type of permanent material that you can put on the latch catch bar to stop the metal on metal contact. Anyone have any idieas? I will try adjusting the catches on the dump bed as well.
Huh. If I turn my rubber stoppers put any further the door won't close. Surprised you had to add extensions to yours RJB.

vince

vince

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2015
vidor texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i drilled a small hole in clamp and rops. small screw no more hinge twist.helps alining for putting back on after summer.

Reactions: franzw
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i drilled a small hole in clamp and rops. small screw no more hinge twist.helps alining for putting back on after summer.
Thanks will try that next. Need to align them before hunting this fall.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
On the dump bed on the metal bar where the bed hook's at top and bottom I wrapped it with rubber and zip-tied it on there and that keeps the bed from rattling.

advertisement