Talon Range per Tank of Fuel

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
Speedo DRD makes a mileage correction device for Hondas, one of them will work on the Talon. But there are 3 speed sensors on the Talon, I'm unsure what happens between using one or three, both choices are options depending on your setup. I can't add more info, I haven't looked into it.
I was responding mostly for Dankathy. I don't know if he considered his tire circumference increase effects on perceived MPG.

Reactions: CID
H

HondaTech

We used 70 gallons during the 12 hour TexPlex race.

Could make about 3 laps before needing fuel.

Hess offers an 11 gallon option using a stock pump.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
We used 70 gallons during the 12 hour TexPlex race.

Could make about 3 laps before needing fuel.

Hess offers an 11 gallon option using a stock pump.
That's good news. Removing the plastic tube in the gas filler increases the stock capacity from 7.3 gallons (Honda spec) to 8.6 gallons. There's already a 10 gallon aftermarket tank but a 1.4 gallon increase isn't going to get me to lay down $400. A 2.4 gallon increase might ... maybe... depending on what Hess wants for theirs. 🤔

Reactions: Smitty335
H

HondaTech

That's good news. Removing the plastic tube in the gas filler increases the stock capacity from 7.3 gallons (Honda spec) to 8.6 gallons. There's already a 10 gallon aftermarket tank but a 1.4 gallon increase isn't going to get me to lay down $400. A 2.4 gallon increase might ... maybe... depending on what Hess wants for theirs. 🤔

$450 retail

Reactions: SL1kr and CID
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was responding mostly for Dankathy. I don't know if he considered his tire circumference increase effects on perceived MPG.
I dont consider mpg at all, and rarely if at all use the speedometer- just run with the traffic or whatever seems right when on the pavement. We use a tablet for the electronic maps ( gps), and the wife tracks most of our rides just for the fun of it. I normally dump the 2 1/2 gallon rotopax in at 60ish miles and finish the day. Long rides i put the 4 1/2 gallon in at lunchtime (100-120 miles) and dont give it to much more thought.

Reactions: CID and TripleB
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
130-140 miles with stock wheels and tires.
Well, poop, that blows up my numbers. :eek: I've since changed to 30" Chicane RX tires and my trip meter reads about 3 miles less than the GPS on a 75 mile ride. Although running til empty was a fun experiment, I doubt I'll do it again with the 30" tires - maybe next summer but the season has ended here until 60* temps return in March. 😢 🥶 😢 🥶 😢 🥶