P1000 Radio and intercom install

aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ever since I bought the buggy the missus has been nagging me to install an audio system. I’ve read every review I could find, even visited a local sound shop to narrow down my choices.

Lately I’ve been hitting the local trails with a church group of SxS enthusiasts. They all have radios and intercoms for streaming music and talking to each other, both within the buggy and car-to-car. More research…

Turns out PCI is the only brand with a stereo intercom. Plus they were having an end of summer sale. Only down side is there is no mounting bracket for the Pioneer. No problem… I sent Crossroads3D a sketch of my layout and 3 days it was in the mail.

i originally wanted the radio on top and closest to the drive. During the fitment test I discovered the radio interfered with the locker control box. I spun the gauge plate 180* and voilà… problem solved. OG layout vs what I settled on:

B6218B02 B6BD 4BD3 A274 4C2D268EDC28
760E52B0 8CC7 4795 8518 D0F4A2184F7E

I used four 10-32 rivet nuts on the corners. I also purchased a “beauty ring” for mounting the radio. It basically sandwiches the radio/gauge plate between two pieces of metal. Time will tell off this setup can withstand a weekend of trail riding with @CumminsPusher lol.

We’re headed to Riggins today with the new camper and buggy. Field report forthcoming. Here’s a pic of the rig and short video of my installation.

6C14EE21 D076 43B7 81D9 3D43410F9C9B

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ever since I bought the buggy the missus has been nagging me to install an audio system. I’ve read every review I could find, even visited a local sound shop to narrow down my choices.

Lately I’ve been hitting the local trails with a church group of SxS enthusiasts. They all have radios and intercoms for streaming music and talking to each other, both within the buggy and car-to-car. More research…

Turns out PCI is the only brand with a stereo intercom. Plus they were having an end of summer sale. Only down side is there is no mounting bracket for the Pioneer. No problem… I sent Crossroads3D a sketch of my layout and 3 days it was in the mail.

i originally wanted the radio on top and closest to the drive. During the fitment test I discovered the radio interfered with the locker control box. I spun the gauge plate 180* and voilà… problem solved. OG layout vs what I settled on:

View attachment 357535View attachment 357536
I used four 10-32 rivet nuts on the corners. I also purchased a “beauty ring” for mounting the radio. It basically sandwiches the radio/gauge plate between two pieces of metal. Time will tell off this setup can withstand a weekend of trail riding with @CumminsPusher lol.

We’re headed to Riggins today with the new camper and buggy. Field report forthcoming. Here’s a pic of the rig and short video of my installation.

View attachment 357537
Man you’re getting setup! Looking good brother nice job