P1000 Quick release pin for sway bar.

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was thinking about maybe making a quick release pin add on for the sway bar. Any thoughts on this. Also would the sway bar be ok setting free? Or should we also include a bracket to hold it up out of the way? Weekend conversation for everyone.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Id be interested in that I believe mine got on my nerves and I sawed it in half to get it out.

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
PLA-Products

PLA-Products

Lifetime Member
Mar 8, 2018
Northern VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be interested... I have mine disconnected right now and zip tied so it doesn't bang around.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I am interested, I would like to see it come with a way to store in the disconnect position. would like to reconnect for my normal use.

Reactions: DWBourque and JTW
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Was thinking about maybe making a quick release pin add on for the sway bar. Any thoughts on this. Also would the sway bar be ok setting free? Or should we also include a bracket to hold it up out of the way? Weekend conversation for everyone.
I attempted it (in my build pg.10) but it really didn't work out without moving the attachment to the top a arm. At full bump on one side and droop on the other, the swaybar hit the top and bottom a arm. The stock upper a arm is pretty weak. Don't think I would attach it to that. The aftermarket arms would be ok.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I attempted it (in my build pg.10) but it really didn't work out without moving the attachment to the top a arm. At full bump on one side and droop on the other, the swaybar hit the top and bottom a arm. The stock upper a arm is pretty weak. Don't think I would attach it to that. The aftermarket arms would be ok.
Have mine unhooked but not tied up or secured - I don’t hear it rattle around at all .. @snuffnwhisky would performance be any better with it just removed rather than unhooked?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Have mine unhooked but not tied up or secured - I don’t hear it rattle around at all .. @snuffnwhisky would performance be any better with it just removed rather than unhooked?
If it's hitting the arms, upper one side and lower other side when flexed it might help a little. I had the satv arms so not sure the difference from stock. I didn't drive my with the links off. Figured it might make a bunch of racket. I pulled mine off. Don't street drive much and used to having it off now.

Reactions: pct
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If it's hitting the arms, upper one side and lower other side when flexed it might help a little. I had the satv arms so not sure the difference from stock. I didn't drive my with the links off. Figured it might make a bunch of racket. I pulled mine off. Don't street drive much and used to having it off now.
I have the SATV arms now as well. I unhooked to see how I liked it but should probably pull off now

Reactions: pct