Question about lighting/switch

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
Installed front and rear light on bike for snowplowing. Here in Labrador Canada we have already set a record for snowfall for this date. We already had 168.2 cms of snow fall, or 5.5 feet.
Anyways, I bought a plate made for 3 switch’s. Front light, rear light, USB charger.
E3079a6462284f80dd76424722ec2ce1
What I’m looking for is a wire that only has power when the key is ahead or bike is started.
The switch’s light up and power for the USB only if key is on.
Thanks whoever can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
Just to add to this, I have both lights working off the switches, just need a wire that only has power when key ahead/running for the switch itself to light and USB... sorry not to be confusing

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Installed front and rear light on bike for snowplowing. Here in Labrador Canada we have already set a record for snowfall for this date. We already had 168.2 cms of snow fall, or 5.5 feet.
Anyways, I bought a plate made for 3 switch’s. Front light, rear light, USB charger.
View attachment 94154
What I’m looking for is a wire that only has power when the key is ahead or bike is started.
The switch’s light up and power for the USB only if key is on.
Thanks whoever can help

What bike ? I don't see any 2 wheeled vehicles . just sayin

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
The Honda accessory harness simply plugs into a connector located under the hood. This will give you four connections for key-on power. They label what each is for, winch, horn, etc, but it really doesn't matter what you use them for.

P500 - Accessorry sub harness description

Thanks for this. Any wire without this harness ?

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

I never really thought about it before, but it is a very common terminology in this area.
Perhaps an ATV is just a motorcycle with training wheels eh!
I think some areas in the south say it too. We think it's weird around here... you'd never call a 2-wheeled bicycle a unicycle, right? :D I don't like calling them buggies either. Makes it sound like a baby stroller. But no one has ever decided what to officially call them. Is it a SxS, UTV, ORV... all of the above? It's all of the above for now, so call your bike whatever you want. ;)

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I think some areas in the south say it too. We think it's weird around here... you'd never call a 2-wheeled bicycle a unicycle, right? :D I don't like calling them buggies either. Makes it sound like a baby stroller. But no one has ever decided what to officially call them. Is it a SxS, UTV, ORV... all of the above? It's all of the above for now, so call your bike whatever you want. ;)
Being mostly men, and most men wanting to speak as simply as possible, we call an ATV, UTV, ORV, SXS, a bike. Not a bicycle, which means two wheels. The word Bike in this context means any of the above mentioned machines. As my wife says, I can justify just about anything...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Being mostly men, and most men wanting to speak as simply as possible, we call an ATV, UTV, ORV, SXS, a bike. Not a bicycle, which means two wheels. The word Bike in this context means any of the above mentioned machines. As my wife says, I can justify just about anything...

In that case the South wins the Soda/pop/coke debate

Waitress: what would you like to drink
Me: Coke
Waitress: What kind?
Me: Dr Pepper

OR

Waitress: what would you like to drink
Me: Coke
Waitress: Is Pepsi Ok?
Me: Did I ask for Pepsi???

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Saw an Alaska show today, calling an atv a bike. But they also said 15 degrees was warm, so go figure. And how much to ship stuff for the Alaskan railroad trackside service? (Too much TV today before a nice ride).