P1000 Quadboss Winch install

Hrdman

Hrdman

Sep 21, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quadboss 5000 winch install with synthetic line. I purchased a kit from Amazon with included a KFI mount and wireless remote. Received the package all looked good, watched a similar YouTube video of an install good to go. Installed the KFI winch mount and winch no problem, except the winch power cables supplied which were supposed to be 36” but were 12” and 16” so a call to manufacturer nice lady on phone no problem will send out new cables today. In the meantime went to install fairlead, Pioneer is 6” mounting bolt pattern, a 6.67” fairlead was in the kit. Another call same very nice lady so sorry will send one out today, received new fairlead a roller type was sent soo sorry, a correct 6” Hawse Fairlead will be sent out today. Keeping UPS busy. Now time for wiring and I have to say more time spent looking and trying different mounting locations for winch relay and remote box. Finally settled on locations good to go. The short winch cables ended up being perfect for the battery connections instead of the 92” cables in kit. Power up the winch as configured runs backwards (this was noted in another review so no surprise) no problem just reversed the connections on the relay the blue and yellow and runs perfect. So overall happy with install other than the wrong parts but all was made good and in reasonable time considering the Christmas shipping rush. Not too happy with the angle the winch rope has to go through since the winch is mounted so low in the bumper but time will tell. For me the winch is an emergency item you hope never to use. Have to say the manufacturer Quadboss was responsive and shipped the replacement items in short order.

Reactions: Ridem32