P1000 Power Issue?

R

Reddmann

May 10, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I finished my dual battery setup a few days ago. I installed a main 3 position switch that allows me to have accessories on when the key is turned on, on when the key is off, or off all the time. Coming off the main battery, I have an inline fuse, then the 80A stinger solenoid, then a 10-connection fuse block with integrated grounding block. When I got the fuse block in the mail, some of the blades were falling off of it (wiring seemed to be intact). I notified the seller and they mailed out a new one (should receive it next week). I pressed the blades back in place, hooked it up, and ran my stereo and the dual volt meter to it. The next day, I added a dual USB charger and ran it to the fuse block also. The first day, I had no issues. Since then, I have to turn the main switch off and on a few times to get the stereo to work properly. The head unit lights will turn on every time, but it’s like it either has a bad connection or it’s not getting enough power (the stereo manufacturer thinks it’s not getting enough power). Sometimes when this happens, the speakers will make a loud popping noise. I haven’t ran it straight to the battery to make sure yet, as I want to wait for the replacement fuse block to arrive and change it out first. Any suggestions in the mean time? Thanks.

Reactions: TxDoc