P1000 Power commander.... Finally some test and tune

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
Well after having just the OEM provided tune loaded the last few weeks and very little seat time.... I finally was able to hook up the autotune and build a good map. I added some timing on the low end. I'll have to upload screenshots of the trim tables, target AFRs and my new timing table. I could tell just from test runs the engine was different, anyone that's ever tuned a race engine knows what I mean. It sure as hell is makin some bacon now! I can't find a reasonable dyno in the area that will fit this heavy pig unfortunately, so no HP #'s to back up my claims. Next weekend we head to ride royal blue for a couple days, so I'll build a map for up there. Can't wait for HMF to get off their butt and release an exhaust for this so I can't really tune it up.... About to throw a flowmaster on it and be done with it. So couple of observations...

It likes to be warmed up.... I noticed this with my big red with a PCV. Once you've been riding for a little bit it gets really snappy on the throttle and has more get up and go.

Exhaust gets hotter.... Well I have it closer to stociometric at low to mid RPM to be a fuel sipper, so a toasty exhaust is to be expected.

The OEM tune seemed to surge and would also foul out plugs making for hard starts and would sometimes stall sitting at idle. The autotune can compensate, but once I built the trim table and disconnected it... It seems to be fine at idle now.

The factory O2 sensor is smaller diameter.... Had to drill out and grind off their bung and weld in the larger one for the power commander provided sensor.

No good 12v switched sources in the back... Had to run wires from the fuse panel.

I'll add screenshots tomorrow. Anyone running a PCV that would like a copy of my tune?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Cant wait to see. Not that I need more power but more is always good.

There is a stand a lone, unused, 12v, key on power source that the backup alarm hooks up to near the rear.

Reactions: joeymt33
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Cant wait to see. Not that I need more power but more is always good.

There is a stand a lone, unused, 12v, key on power source that the backup alarm hooks up to near the rear.

Would it be better to tap that instead of the 15 fuse up front for light bars and the like?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Na, actually it's the same wire. Just mentioning a location.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5