P1000 (POLL) Winch remote plug locations suggestions...?

Winch Remote plug locations...

• Total voters
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got one of these kits in over the weekend. Going to install this week. I kept seen you guys use them when we were at Takeover and for the price why not

Seal the seams with silicone, I forgot my first one died from pressure washing near it.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can install that on a non warn product , I assume so but just wanted to ask
Yes you can.

I had a cheap one on one of my fourwheelers but it got wet and didn't last long. Like ohana said I probably should've put some silicone in it. You can also buy 4 or 5 for the price of the warn. I just didn't want to have to wire in a new one when it failed. I like to buy once cry once. Warn Probably spends $5 dollars more to make theirs better and charges you $60 more for it. I've installed the warn on 3 machines and they've never failed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seal the seams with silicone, I forgot my first one died from pressure washing near it.
Is that on the black box under the hood? Will do.

Yes you can.

I had a cheap one on one of my fourwheelers but it got wet and didn't last long. Like ohana said I probably should've put some silicone in it. You can also buy 4 or 5 for the price of the warn. I just didn't want to have to wire in a new one when it failed. I like to buy once cry once. Warn Probably spends $5 dollars more to make theirs better and charges you $60 more for it. I've installed the warn on 3 machines and they've never failed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I looked at that one and I will give the cheap one a chance - just due to price difference but if it fails...

Also to answer original question I currently have the wired remote plug under the headlight switch to the left of the driver. Figured that would give me most cord should I need to use outside the Honda. I also have a rocker switch on the panel and while I use it the most I will probably remove it once the wireless is up and working. I don't like having to work the wheel with one hand and the rocker with the other when I have to use the winch to get out of something. At takeover I ended up using the wired remote so that I could keep both hands on the wheel (somewhat) and that worked better than having to lean over and take right hand off wheel to activate rocker.

I forget who but someone gave their wireless remote to another outside the Honda so that they could concentrate on the driving while someone else activated their winch. I just found that using the rocker to activate the winch and concentrating on the wheel and gas is a lot like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time.

Reactions: JTW
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that on the black box under the hood? Will do.

I looked at that one and I will give the cheap one a chance - just due to price difference but if it fails...

Also to answer original question I currently have the wired remote plug under the headlight switch to the left of the driver. Figured that would give me most cord should I need to use outside the Honda. I also have a rocker switch on the panel and while I use it the most I will probably remove it once the wireless is up and working. I don't like having to work the wheel with one hand and the rocker with the other when I have to use the winch to get out of something. At takeover I ended up using the wired remote so that I could keep both hands on the wheel (somewhat) and that worked better than having to lean over and take right hand off wheel to activate rocker.

I forget who but someone gave their wireless remote to another outside the Honda so that they could concentrate on the driving while someone else activated their winch. I just found that using the rocker to activate the winch and concentrating on the wheel and gas is a lot like patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time.

The wireless receiver

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I located the plug connection just below the windshield outside the vehicle, centered. This way I can see what's happening from either side and able to operate the remote safely off to the side in-case something comes loose.