MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey fellas. Just wondering if anybody has found or tried an aftermarket snow plow power angle kit, either electric or hydraulic. I have an Eagle 72” on my P700 & would like to add this, but the well known brands cost more than the whole plow set up did. Will adding this require a second battery set up if electric? I’m wondering if the electric linear actuator kits would be slow to turn? Not looking to spend a bunch, but options may be limited. Might be easier to upgrade to a plow system that has a power angle kit already. Will the P 700 handle the heavier plow systems? Anyhoo, thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
I can't answer most of your questions about the kits. But the 700-2 will handle the weight.
I put a Boss 6' poly on in 2015. It weighs 315 according to Boss specs, I think it may be a little more though. When I first put it on the front end dropped about 2 1/2"- 3"s IIRC. I put a set of Moose wedges on the front and got it down to 1 1/2" drop. I also built a small 2x frame that keeps 2-50's and one 25 # bag of salt against the tailgate for ballast. I have an area that I plow that the plow drops off the end of the drive when I get to the end of a run headed downhill. The ballast keeps the back wheels working when backing out.
I know you aren't interested in the Boss and it's price, but I will say that it is totally electric hydraulic and I have never had any battery problems.

Just to let you know, it's great not getting out.

kgun74

kgun74

Sep 16, 2018
Pottsville Pa
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought and installed a KFI with power angle and so far it works great,no problems and this year I pushed off piles of dirt fill dumped by F 550 dump trucks,now just waiting for more snow.

Its not aftermarket and the angle cyl was a little pricey but it works and holds when pushing loads. Sorry don't have any updated pic's at this time.

Reactions: monaco