P1000m5 Plow and bumper question

M

mattmed03

Aug 2, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone know if any of the aftermarket bumpers will allow for a plow mount install as well? I have asked EMP as they have my favorite bumper but I get the canned response..."can't guarantee" of it will work or not. Won't get any more specific than that.

thank
Matt

hotrodmitch

hotrodmitch

Oct 10, 2016
Canaan VT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello Matt, I have the warn plow set up that I bought directly from Honda. Looks like it may work, because my push plate mounts in front of the lower a-arms. (just might have to do a little trimming on the bottom fan plate of the EMP ) The only other thing is need a place to hook the warn strap to that connects to the winch cable , to raise and lower the plow. I can send you pics of it later when I get outta work.

M

mattmed03

Aug 2, 2016
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello Matt, I have the warn plow set up that I bought directly from Honda. Looks like it may work, because my push plate mounts in front of the lower a-arms. (just might have to do a little trimming on the bottom fan plate of the EMP ) The only other thing is need a place to hook the warn strap to that connects to the winch cable , to raise and lower the plow. I can send you pics of it later when I get outta work.

That would be good to see. It seems that most of the mount sit behind and under where the bumper mounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dotman1
hotrodmitch

hotrodmitch

Oct 10, 2016
Canaan VT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plow4 Plow3 Plow Plow2 Matt, here's my warn plow set up!

H

HondaTech

After studying the EMP bumper I don't believe the Honda system is an option. The EMP bumper isn't designed to take a Honda winch mount or any for that matter, they want you to mount it to the exterior of the bumper. You may get away with using a Moose or other plow mount that uses push tubes that run the towards the back of the unit.