drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Always, always, always have it on your person. I'm not a first time concealed carrier, I've been an instructor, a follower of the late great Col. Jeff Cooper and I've carried both professionally concealed and privately over the past 64yrs. No matter how uncomfortable you think it is.... wear it!. Get used to it. Feel uncomfortable without it! It does you no good parked in a holster attached to your rig. Or sitting in the glove compartment/console of your truck. If it's elsewhere, you are not in total control of it either. Appendix (very comfortable) may not be your thing, that's fine, I sometimes wear at 5 o'clock (very comfortable), and a second on my ankle (can't believe I'm telling everyone that reads this that), except while wading through the mud pulling @Delton out (sorry, had to throw a zinger out there). Training and familiarization is the key to being safe and being able to protect yourself and those that you love and having it immediately available.
Please, this is not a slap to those who carry their guns off their person... You are ultimately responsible for your own well being. I'm speaking from experience, knowledge and education. I'm not always right, but this time I am.
20161130 0820511 20161130 0820401

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Always, always, always have it on your person. I'm not a first time concealed carrier, I've been an instructor, a follower of the late great Col. Jeff Cooper and I've carried both professionally concealed and privately over the past 64yrs. No matter how uncomfortable you think it is.... wear it!. Get used to it. Feel uncomfortable without it! It does you no good parked in a holster attached to your rig. Or sitting in the glove compartment/console of your truck. If it's elsewhere, you are not in total control of it either. Appendix (very comfortable) may not be your thing, that's fine, I sometimes wear at 5 o'clock (very comfortable), and a second on my ankle (can't believe I'm telling everyone that reads this that), except while wading through the mud pulling @Delton out (sorry, had to throw a zinger out there). Training and familiarization is the key to being safe and being able to protect yourself and those that you love and having it immediately available.
Please, this is not a slap to those who carry their guns off their person... You are ultimately responsible for your own well being. I'm speaking from experience, knowledge and education. I'm not always right, but this time I am.
View attachment 27510 View attachment 27511

So true! I'm an ex cop and encouraged everyone to carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So true! I'm an ex cop and encouraged everyone to carry

Very true. Ours are on us at all times with the exception of mine if we are running 3 wide in the sxs. Since mine rides on my right it'll dig in to the person to the right of me. Once out of the rig it and the holster go right back at my hip. As far as dirt or a little water on my pistol or getting scuffed up that's just par for the course it'll still fire.

Last edited:
cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Very true. Ours are on us at all times with the exception of mine if we are running 3 wide in the sxs. Since mine rides on my right it'll dig in to the person to the right of me. Once out of the rig it and the holster go right back at my hip. As far as dirt or a little water on my pistol or getting scuffed up that's just par for the course it'll still fire.

You could cross draw from left hip area

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit

Or a shoulder holster on left side

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You could cross draw from left hip area

That is true and I should do that. When carrying both pistols that's how I carry but I actually hadn't thought of that for sxs rides. Good idea my friend I like it.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
And kiddies, this here is my 1000 post on the forum for my Honda Pioneer 1000 with right at 1000 miles on it lol! Woohoo. :)

That's pretty cool Mopar. It's a sign

Reactions: drfubar
advertisement