TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is just a question of curiosity and not really any great importance.

Are the Pioneer 1000 and the Talon 1000 identical motors?

I gotta believe there are differences. What are those differences?

How do they produce another ~30 HP with the Talon motor?

I've never seen published torque specs on either. Any idea on that info?

Thanks for any information or opinions.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah and Russ989
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is just a question of curiosity and not really any great importance.

Are the Pioneer 1000 and the Talon 1000 identical motors?

I gotta believe there are differences. What are those differences?

How do they produce another ~30 HP with the Talon motor?

I've never seen published torque specs on either. Any idea on that info?
Thanks for any information or opinions.

Cam, injectors, electronics and all the other stuff. Why you ask? When I raced dirt bikes all my buddies would build engines, I would work on suspension, until I could hold it WFO, then started on engines. I doubt your P- 1 needs a engine mod, you need to work with a limited amount of suspension mods available, I like simplicity. Arched A arms, 30 " tires, no wheel spacers and good shocks.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Someone posted a lot of that info in another thread, hopefully they'll see this one. I'd try to find it but it was weeks ago and I don't remember what the topic was, so I wouldn't be able to find it.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cam, injectors, electronics and all the other stuff. Why you ask? When I raced dirt bikes all my buddies would build engines, I would work on suspension, until I could hold it WFO, then started on engines. I doubt your P- 1 needs a engine mod, you need to work with a limited amount of suspension mods available, I like simplicity. Arched A arms, 30 " tires, no wheel spacers and good shocks.
I was just curious.

My Pioneer has twice the HP my Rhino had. It'll run over 50 mph, has the great transmission, etc. It'll do more than I need or expected. I like to ride and see things and enjoy my time out.

I see a lot of sport side x sides with 130 hp and much more. They seem to race down trails without much forward open visibility and I'm not sure how they avoid head on our rear ending crashes.

I'm very happy with my motor's output and how it's matched to the DCT transmission. And, most of all..... The reliability and dependability.

I'm not putting down Polaris...a friend with an outrageous RZR told me he got a do not ride letter that something in the transmission was requiring an update to be safe. I'm not sure if the exact problem. But, it's a new machine and he is really saddened that he's grounded thru no fault of his own. You have to credit Polaris for not covering up the problem and announcing a fix.

I figured there were differences in the motors that Honda never publicized and reviewers didn't understand.

I appreciate the education for sure

advertisement