P1000 Pioneer 1000 P3...Standard or EPS?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When looking at the 3-seat model, I can't decide if it's worth the extra money to upgrade to an EPS model. I don't need to have the power steering, but I do like that it comes with the paddle shifters and tilt wheel.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
When looking at the 3-seat model, I can't decide if it's worth the extra money to upgrade to an EPS model. I don't need to have the power steering, but I do like that it comes with the paddle shifters and tilt wheel.
The paddle shifters are what allow you to control your riding experience! I say its better to have them and not need them, then to need them and not have them! You won't be disappointed! And yes it's worth the extra money!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Eps Is worth the extra cash by far. It's a heavy machine, eps also helps on rocky terrain

Reactions: GlockMeister
B

BrianAbbott

Jan 21, 2016
chattanooga tn

go for the EPS. its definitely worth the money. Check out Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga. Huge selection, over 130 units in stock

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After riding all day, my P700 would take it toll on me with all the bump steer.

The power steering reduces the bump steer greatly on stop of the obvious reducing driver input to turn the wheels.

I've had it both, with and with out and I say go for the power steering.

Signature:

QUOTE by Tflynn, "The aftermarket doesn't build what you want? Show them your favorite finger and build it yourself!"

M

msstate56

Sep 29, 2016
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I concur. I really never use the paddle shifters, as the auto mode works great for me. But it's absolutely worth it to get power steering. I've wrestled non-eps machines for years, and as soon as I drove the P1K with eps I thought "wow, this thing steers as easy as my truck." If you ever plan to put bigger tires on it you will most definitely want EPS.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would suggest the eps as well... it will make your riding just that much more enjoyable. I have yet to use the paddle shifters a whole lot, but I can see how they would be sweet if you were doing some serious riding.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think joeymt33 hit the nail on the head, without power steering the bump steer will wear you out. Growing up on tractors without power steering one of the first things you learned was to keep your thumbs away from the spokes on the steering wheel. It only took one time (jammed thumb) to remember that important point the rest of you life.

advertisement
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I had a Commander and I liked it. My biggest complaints were heat noise and no power steering. My wife doesn't get the concept that you have to be moving to actually turn a non power steering model, so she refused to take my kids when I wasn't home. I bought a P3 with power steering and haven't looked back. I use it around my house everyday and my wife will take the kids for a spin now with no problem. Look at it like this, it is an investment because when I went to sell commander everyone wanted to know does it have power steering. I had it sold 3 times until they said Oh no power steering nevermind. Don't spend your hard earned money and regret something that is already there is just my .002