P1000 Pioneer 1000 floor and firewall protection

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Just saw this thread, never saw that suggestion and that's what I ended up doing, thought it was an original idea I had.
on the p5 its much easier to form a solid piece lol to do that on the 1k is impossible

Reactions: trigger
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was thinking about just buying another floor board and fire wall combo and trimming it up some so it would fit real good and just mounting it to the factory floor board/fire wall and maybe put some spray on bed liner between the pieces. the Honda deal said the floor board/fire wall piece just cost about 70 dollars.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
how strong is carbon fiber on an impact like a stick or log?? i know its light weight and strong but i wonder how impact resistant it is
Carbon fiber would explode in splinters on impact I bet.

Reactions: jak9922
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got a bunch of 1/8" aluminum I plan on piecing together and welding similar to Snuff's. Just be time consuming which I don't have any of here lately.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Carbon fiber would explode in splinters on impact I bet.
i would think still has to be stronger then the weak factory plastic??? even if its enough to deflect it.. let be honest unless it 1/4 steel maybe if you have a big enough "log" hit the floor with the speed and weight of the 1k its going to come through i was very very lucky once and a tree thrown up from a maverick i was following shot up through my a arms hit my right foot pushed it up to my chest and it stopped the machine when it hit the motor if it went above the a arm i wouldnt be here now but even a 1/4 alu plate wouldn't have stopped it

Reactions: Plumber32
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
with something like this we are looking for deflection not stopping power

Reactions: Plumber32
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i would think still has to be stronger then the weak factory plastic??? even if its enough to deflect it.. let be honest unless it 1/4 steel maybe if you have a big enough "log" hit the floor with the speed and weight of the 1k its going to come through i was very very lucky once and a tree thrown up from a maverick i was following shot up through my a arms hit my right foot pushed it up to my chest and it stopped the machine when it hit the motor if it went above the a arm i wouldnt be here now but even a 1/4 alu plate wouldn't have stopped it
Oh yeah definitely better than stock. I wasn't dissing your suggestion. I'm just going off of seeing how it does on tv. In slow motion it looks like an explosion lol. But is the coolest looking material on the planet. I'd KILL for a CF dash on mine

Reactions: jak9922
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is going to take one hell of a hit to puncture quarter inch UHMW. It has already deflected a lot of sticks which made a lot of noise and none pushed through yet.

F8b2f5941b1b8122cc24efb1b4c50453

Looks like crap but its usually covered in mud anyway. I've yet to have anyone come up and notice it so it must not be that bad

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is going to take one hell of a hit to puncture quarter inch UHMW. It has already deflected a lot of sticks which made a lot of noise and none pushed through yet.

View attachment 50934

Looks like crap but its usually covered in mud anyway. I've yet to have anyone come up and notice it so it must not be that bad
Function over form buddy. That's how we roll

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wasn't that worried about it til @snuffnwhisky posted those shock videos. The amount of sticks and the sheer force of the impacts was jaw dropping. I use what I got so guess aluminum is gonna be it. Got some 18ga sheet metal that'd be a breeze to weld up but worried about how tough it'd be.

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement
J

JTW

I wasn't that worried about it til @snuffnwhisky posted those shock videos. The amount of sticks and the sheer force of the impacts was jaw dropping. I use what I got so guess aluminum is gonna be it. Got some 18ga sheet metal that'd be a breeze to weld up but worried about how tough it'd be.
I know a guy with a bunch of road signs that would be perfect..