P1000 Pioneer 1000 Flip Up Windshield

B

bjd68

Jun 5, 2016
abbotsford B.C.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How is this attached to the roll bar, it looks like clamps? I would like to know how long it takes you to put on/take off, as I am looking for one that I would just put on if there was rain in the forecast.

I installed my light bar right to the roof and then made a bracket that mounts to the bracket of the superatv flip up windshield, its very solid but would be a pain if u wanted to remove the whole windshield but with the flip open feature u souldnt have to!

Pioneer pics 115 Pioneer pics 118

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes, I Installed it Sunday. I'll post up some pics this evening as it's shoved in the camper and we're traveling today.
Initial Impressions are overall positive. Kinda flimsy when open, but seems strong enough to trailer forward with the window shut at highway speeds. With the windshield open I have had it to about 25 MPH and it seems fine. I will test it faster this weekend, but I think 30 is going to be my max. The design is pretty good, nothing to complain about there, but it is a little stiff to snap in the handle at the 2 closed positions. There should be enough room for a light bar clamp, but I'll put some pictures up later of the attachment.
Does it help the heat issue? I have glass and love it, but i am melting in the high 80's heat!

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I have on my new P15. It does not flop shut on trails but does bounce a little. As far as speed the faster you go wind gets under it so no way for it to slam shut. I had mine up to about 40mph and the wind puts a lot of pressure pushing up on it. With it opened wide open good wind breeze. Over 95 here every day in Mississippi mine stays open. Will be nice in the winter to shut it. Easy to mount. But if you tighten the clamps to tight they pop apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk