Pioneer 1000-5 letting me down

B

Bassgoat

Jul 31, 2022
Mt vernon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2020 Pioneer 1000-5 starts running for a second then shuts down spark and fire only code it blinks Is 13 which is rear injector I've replaced injector the injector harness the fuel pump the plugs checked the coils and wires checked all the relays and fuses checked oil levels checked battery still nothing. It will start back up after the key is shut off and turned back on

Reactions: ChadD
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I need to ask which injector wires/connectors did you buy.
Some of the eBay/amazon specials are reverse polarity.

My research says it shouldn't make a difference. But in our early days making injector kits, we did make a dozen or so reverse.
Most failed to fix the issue. Correct replacements did work.

B

Bassgoat

Jul 31, 2022
Mt vernon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need to ask which injector wires/connectors did you buy.
Some of the eBay/amazon specials are reverse polarity.

My research says it shouldn't make a difference. But in our early days making injector kits, we did make a dozen or so reverse.
Most failed to fix the issue. Correct replacements did work.
That's interesting

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
B

Bassgoat

Jul 31, 2022
Mt vernon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's interesting i did buy them off ebay

Screenshot 20220912 043524 eBay

Reactions: Smitty335 and ChadD
B

Bassgoat

Jul 31, 2022
Mt vernon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also bought a diagnostic to obd2 adapter and itv won't connect to the ecu so im thinking possibly bad ecu

advertisement
R

Rays 83

Jun 30, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are a few reports in the forum of the injector driver in the PGM-FI(ecm/ecu) going bad. New or used replacement fixed the issue.
I think I'm having that issue. Replaced plugs, injector harnesses. Still giving me 12 and 13 code. Rode 3 weeks ago, started pouring rain, ran great, turned off at truck and ever since then issues. I'm starting to think it is the PGM-FI

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes they are. I didn't go through any deep water.
doesn't matter, dont have to go through deep water with these rigs. Its a known issue. Good practice and cheep to snorkel them. What year is your P1?

Where your from and where bouts do u ride in our once great state?

R

Rays 83

Jun 30, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Water can get in the fuel vent sitting out in the rain.
I did purchase some extra long vent hose to reroute fuel vent since I have the interior pulled out. But I would like to know what is causing code 12 and 13 and rear exhaust get so only about half as hot as front. I did order the pin tool to check the Ohms or resistance. as show in service manual

R

Rays 83

Jun 30, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
doesn't matter, dont have to go through deep water with these rigs. Its a known issue. Good practice and cheep to snorkel them. What year is your P1?

Where your from and where bouts do u ride in our once great state?
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Delux. Originally from California, we retired in 2017 and left California for obvious reasons. Hit the road and full-timed RV'd Last year bought house in Wyandotte. Honda is street legal and registered in AZ, Wyandotte PD said if its legal there then its legal here due to reciprocity laws. Last fall we rode in the Fall Colors Ride near Indian Lake. Pulled over by police, wanted to se the license plate because it was small, said we were good and could ride on any M highway. Rode up in the UP everywhere. This year first ride, and here I am, she won't run anymore, we were at Leota Trail head.
Sorry I don't have a pic posted yet.

R

Rays 83

Jun 30, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Delux. Originally from California, we retired in 2017 and left California for obvious reasons. Hit the road and full-timed RV'd Last year bought house in Wyandotte. Honda is street legal and registered in AZ, Wyandotte PD said if its legal there then its legal here due to reciprocity laws. Last fall we rode in the Fall Colors Ride near Indian Lake. Pulled over by police, wanted to se the license plate because it was small, said we were good and could ride on any M highway. Rode up in the UP everywhere. This year first ride, and here I am, she won't run anymore, we were at Leota Trail head.
Two years ago when traveling through Michigan, we camped and rode at Marzinski Horse Trail head, just east of Manistee

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
R

Rays 83

Jun 30, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I forgot to mention, I just put new 814 suspension shocks on, only have 41 miles on those., love them so far, I'm itching to get this girl going again.

Reactions: Farmer and ChadD
advertisement