P500 P500 windshield

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
So I've looked at a lot of P5 windshields and finally after running the numbers between building my own and buying one I decided on the superATV windshield for the front.(it came today)

I like the way it can flip the top section out but I still need access to the cargo tray under the hood so my thoughts are.
1st: See if I can convert the lower section of the windshield to hinge open as well, sort of like the top.

Or 2nd: Go way out of the box and cut the hood between the windshield and hood latch bolts and support the cut off section and silicone it in place. I would go so far as to buy another hood just to make a good overlap if need be.

Reactions: Chooglin
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s a tough decision. My tip out Honda windshield isn’t my favorite but it also didn’t require any fabrication either. If only life were perfect. I’d try option #1 before I thought about cutting the hood personally. Good luck.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
My 3 pc is great . Fold down the center when u dont want windshield . Hood opens no problem as long as the center section is up . Send yours back and get a 3 pc .

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I'll keep the SuperATV windshield because I like the way the upper section can lift open, only under mild riding I'm sure.

I'm really going to push the SuperATV mod because then I'd possibly have a lower vent if I wanted but at the very least I could open both and open the hood easily.

I'd really like to see a company make a new different two piece hood for the P5 with a proper rain gutter and seal at the seam.

The 3 piece windshield was considered but I didn't like the way it lays on the hood when open.

For the low cost of a red honda P500 hood I'd cut one to see what I can do with it if need be.

I love the replies thanks.

Reactions: 100Acre
I

iceboundzeke

Mar 15, 2016
Iowa
If I had know that the full windshield would cuase negative air inside the cab.. I would have done something different..Riding in the light snow it was like a blizzard coming in the back.The dirt that is kicked up running to the tree stand is trouble.

Reactions: mrjeff42
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I had know that the full windshield would cuase negative air inside the cab.. I would have done something different..Riding in the light snow it was like a blizzard coming in the back.The dirt that is kicked up running to the tree stand is trouble.
Did you Get a rear panel? I don't have the problem you mentioned and I have a full windshield and rear panel.

advertisement
Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made that mistake befor I got my p5 home from dealer. I got the Honda roof and front windshield and on my first ride it dusted me pretty good. Ordered a tusk rear panel and it took care of the dust issue, I keep debating getting the hard rear windshield though.

W

WBCC

I made that mistake befor I got my p5 home from dealer. I got the Honda roof and front windshield and on my first ride it dusted me pretty good. Ordered a tusk rear panel and it took care of the dust issue, I keep debating getting the hard rear windshield though.
I have the seizmik full front windshield with vents and love it. It's double hardcoat and allows hood access. I do run with a vinyl rear panel. Fits perfect on dash and oem Honda roof.

IMG 0151

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the seizmik full front windshield with vents and love it. It's double hardcoat and allows hood access. I do run with a vinyl rear panel. Fits perfect on dash and oem Honda roof.

View attachment 72288
Looks good, how do you like the cargo bed? I debated that as well but ended up doing a rack with a toolbox.

W

WBCC

Looks good, how do you like the cargo bed? I debated that as well but ended up doing a rack with a toolbox.
It's not bad, but I wouldn't buy one. Mine came with the unit. It's really shallow and holds a lot of water in the grooves. It works for the time being tho. Seen some really cool ideas on here for doing my own.

Reactions: Gassygordo