ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All that extra weight, Kills the already bad front suspension. Makes it hard to get to air filter, battery.

There's people that want them but just not enough people that will over look the issues they cause.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
All that extra weight, Kills the already bad front suspension. Makes it hard to get to air filter, battery.

There's people that want them but just not enough people that will over look the issues they cause.

Thanks for your opinion . The so called bad suspension is dependant on what is expected of the machine. I also know that the extra 12 lbs for a rack and a chain saw or bag would not be a problem for the suspension. (They make snow plows for them). As far as ease of access to the battery, the design could take care of that. Check out the front rack on the Polaris XP.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for your opinion . The so called bad suspension is dependant on what is expected of the machine. I also know that the extra 12 lbs for a rack and a chain saw or bag would not be a problem for the suspension. (They make snow plows for them). As far as ease of access to the battery, the design could take care of that. Check out the front rack on the Polaris XP.

You're giving a reasonable use case.

Speaking from experience, if you provide something for reasonable use. All you will hear about is how you failed because the one guy tried to carry a half pallet of bricks and a gutted bull moose on the front, and the rack and suspension collapsed.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Speaking from experience, if you provide something for reasonable use. All you will hear about is how you failed because the one guy tried to carry a half pallet of bricks and a gutted bull moose on the front, and the rack and suspension collapsed.

Ya I agree with you on that. Some people shouldn't even own a machine.
That been said the reasonable shouldn't have to suffer because of them. May have to make my own!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That been said the reasonable shouldn't have to suffer because of them. May have to make my own!

More often than not they do suffer. Common sense isn't very common these days.

BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
Take a look at the one I built myself .There is some pics in Post Your Homemade Mods thread . I have never regretted putting mine on . I can still get hood off if needed. Can all so fold forward if needed.It has come in handy for my uses.

vince

vince

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2015
vidor texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20160808 002508

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take a look at the one I built myself .There is some pics in Post Your Homemade Mods thread . I have never regretted putting mine on . I can still get hood off if needed. Can all so fold forward if needed.It has come in handy for my uses.
I just seen this thread and was about to suggest checking yours out. That is a great looking rack and well built.

Reactions: BIGRACK
Redmist

Redmist

Jun 9, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Vince, in looking into this rack I noticed the bracket bolted to the inside of the roll bar. My window is tight to inside of roll bar, do you have to remove the rubber seal from the window and does this allow the room needed for the bracket between window and roll bar (honda split window)?

advertisement
vince

vince

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2015
vidor texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
had to trim the curved part on the bottom half about a 1/4 inch on both sides

Reactions: SIHunter
Redmist

Redmist

Jun 9, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rubber or the glass? Do they discount for members of the Honda SxS club?

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think it should be mounted on the outside of the roll cage.
I am looking for just a rack. With a couple bars on the front. The rack should be lower on the front for visibility reasons. Something like this one. I do not want a basket.

Last edited:
bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This looks like you could easily add a rack or basket.
Kinda big, but may work for some.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This looks like you could easily add a rack or basket.
Kinda big, but may work for some.

It looks awesome, if they would just make a replacement instead of a decoration. It adds weight, hangs down on the front and can get caught on things.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I love this statement!!!

Sent from iPhone

advertisement