OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Big Boulder that just happened to be there :)

Big Rock

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Few pics as the fellas topped Trail 26. it is a 1200 ft. climb in about 4 sections 2 of which at a 40 degree incline on switchbacks that a P500 can't turn on without backing up for a 3 point turn. Couldn't make out the last two I'm terrible with names.

Good climb fellas

Richard @Hondasxs
HondaSXS

Joey @joeymt33
Joeymt33

Scott - Selfie, no power steering, no problem @scott
Scott

@PioneerPete,
P1K5D Brandon

@Plumber32
P1k5D

@Hometeam
P1K3

Last edited by a moderator:
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Few pics as the fellas topped Trail 26. it is a 1200 ft. climb in about 4 sections 2 of which at a 40 degree incline on switchbacks that a P500 can't turn on without backing up for a 3 point turn. Couldn't make out the last two I'm terrible with names.

Good climb fellas

Richard
View attachment 13413

Joey
View attachment 13414

Scott - Selfie, no power steering, no problem
View attachment 13415

Brandon,
View attachment 13416

View attachment 13417

View attachment 13418
The last pic 1000-3 is hometeam and the 700-4 before him is plumber

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
That's what I'm thinking too!! Actually I would be real interested in that trip to from Royal blue to windrock and back!!:D I figure with Honda's we won't break parts like the popo guys did!!:p (I hope)

Anyway I had an amazing time and really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting a face to the screen name!!
I'm down too.. Really enjoyed riding and hanging out with yall.

Reactions: joeymt33
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I just finished power washing the Pioneer. Damn I should have spent $20 before leaving Tennessee. I would have saved that much in fuel hauling 200# of dirt 1100 miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Damn!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: scott
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Been posting pics and editing vids and never really said anything.

Thanks for @Hondasxs for getting this club & forum started. I know he has thousands of hours investing in getting this forum to where it is from 3 years ago as I was and administrator of one for 8 years with 12000 members (not related to riding) and it just takes a lot of time. Everyone here is by an large very courteous and helpful which makes a forum like this much easier to manage and easier to exchange ideas and opinions.

A huge thanks to all the sponsors who provided some very nice prizes given to members in a random draw on Saturday evening. Thanks a million!

I was glad to see the turnout we had last weekend and meet many of you, sadly I'm terrible with names but figured out many putting the faces with the Honda Pioneers profiled on here by their owners. I look forward to seeing more people down the road and once I get settled in down in Pioneer, TN would be happy to host some members that want to make a long ride, my property is behind a coded gate and surrounded on 2 sides by Royal Blue on the West side of I-75.

Maybe we can formulate a fall get together when the leaves are changing in October it is always beautiful there.

advertisement
Stimey58

Stimey58

Lifetime Member
Feb 21, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
Our small group happened to ride into the creamed corn gang for several miles (believe me we would be founders of the old timers club) and we happened to catch one of the rollovers. Im very glad no machines or people hurt. Met some very nice folks on this ride! Cant wait till the next one!

Reactions: markie and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
View attachment 13287View attachment 13288
@Hometeam
[HASHTAG]#PioneerTakeover[/HASHTAG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note there is a rock gap 64 " wide that looks only 60" most people go around a few brave try to climb over and those old guys just motor right through with the proper angle of approach ;)

And here is the video to go with the photos you posted @scott Nice climb over the big rock, gotta love my wife's commentary, I tried to entertain her with my replies. she just wouldn't understand, "because somebody said he couldn't do it." I just had to leave it in the video she says, "We ain't doing that!" LMAO. But you CAN fit a P1K5D through the gap as I did right after your climb, as a group we tackled it in tru military fashion over, around, & through. :D

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Note there is a rock gap 64 " wide that looks only 60" most people go around a few brave try to climb over and those old guys just motor right through with the proper angle of approach ;)

And here is the video to go with the photos you posted @scott Nice climb over the big rock, gotta love my wife's commentary, I tried to entertain her with my replies. she just wouldn't understand, "because somebody said he couldn't do it." I just had to leave it in the video she says, "We ain't doing that!" LMAO. But you CAN fit a P1K5D through the gap as I did right after your climb, as a group we tackled it in tru military fashion over, around, & through, but only one went over and one went through. :D

Awesome buddy thanks for filming and posting.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

And here is the video to go with the photos you posted @scott Nice climb over the big rock, gotta love my wife's commentary, I tried to entertain her with my replies. she just wouldn't understand, "because somebody said he couldn't do it." I just had to leave it in the video she says, "We ain't doing that!" LMAO. But you CAN fit a P1K5D through the gap as I did right after your climb, as a group we tackled it in tru military fashion over, around, & through, but only one went over and one went through. :D

Actually, @Hometeam and @scott both went over. I was first up to the rock and decided to pass on it as I couldn't see what was on the other side. After walking around there, I was able to assist home team and Scott over the rock. Looking back on it, I wish I had not chickened out. :(. That was impressive watching those two guys climb that rock.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X