OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uncle

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Just an FYI, there has been a rock slide on I-75 in Campbell County at mile marker 142. All lanes North and South are shut down and could be for weeks. This is right around the Royal Blue area. Traffic is being re-routed, so traveling around the area will be difficult. Cannot get to the Stinking Creek Exit on I-75. Closed from the Caryville Exit to the Jellico Exit Can read about it at knoxnews.com.

Allen

Reactions: joeymt33
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Just an FYI, there has been a rock slide on I-75 in Campbell County at mile marker 142. All lanes North and South are shut down and could be for weeks. This is right around the Royal Blue area. Traffic is being re-routed, so traveling around the area will be difficult. Cannot get to the Stinking Creek Exit on I-75. Closed from the Caryville Exit to the Jellico Exit Can read about it at knoxnews.com.

Allen

Easy way to get around it if you are coming from the NORTH get off at I-75 Exit 160 @ Jellico take Hwy 297 South, until it comes out on HWY 63 stay on HWY 63 for about 2 1/2 miles and Stinking Creek Road comes out onto HWY 63 )on the left) not very well marked. You can stay on Stinking Creek road cross over I-75 on to the Campground. From the SOUTH on I-75 get off at exit 141 to HWY 63 got about 1.2 miles to Stinking Creek Road (will be on your right) same as from the North.

There are no other exits form 141 to 160 other than 144 that is blocked off.
RRB Detour

Rocks as big as 6ft. in diameter are falling into the Northbound lanes.
Campbellcoclosure7

Last edited:
Reactions: Hondasxs
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone with a new 1000 and a plow ought to just run over there and clean up that little mess!
Looks like a riding opportunity to me lol
@Hondasxs can we add this to our Friday night ride? Lmao

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh... I like your idea.
Ok.. New event... Drag racing down the interstate! haha.
Well we can't let it stop us from meeting, that'd be embarrassing. I can see the headlines now..." Honda sxs group cancels event due to rocks" lol. We would never live that down

Reactions: joeymt33
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I have a 46 foot toy hauler 23 l-quarters 23 trailer but it is low to the ground not up high with real steep ramp more used for my racing during the season so what I am getting at is it pretty smooth going into rv area or will I bottom out I'm long and low?? Jackal

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I have a 46 foot toy hauler 23 l-quarters 23 trailer but it is low to the ground not up high with real steep ramp more used for my racing during the season so what I am getting at is it pretty smooth going into rv area or will I bottom out I'm long and low?? Jackal

It is pretty smooth you should not have a problem.

U

uncle

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2015
Knoxville, TN
News reported tonight that the southbound lanes of I-75 should take about 2 weeks and the northbound lanes of I-75 should take about 3 weeks. Rocks were still falling today.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to make a hitch like that for mine
if you're talking about the hitch on the rear of the camper, it is very simple. this trailer has a nice structural tube bumper welded solidly to the frame, so I'm using a hitch that mounts to the bumper with large u-bolts that are shaped like the bumper. It would not hold a very heavy load, but its great for hauling the sxs or my golf cart. If you're coming to the "takeover" at royal blue in april, you can check it out there.

M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
if you're talking about the hitch on the rear of the camper, it is very simple. this trailer has a nice structural tube bumper welded solidly to the frame, so I'm using a hitch that mounts to the bumper with large u-bolts that are shaped like the bumper. It would not hold a very heavy load, but its great for hauling the sxs or my golf cart. If you're coming to the "takeover" at royal blue in april, you can check it out there.
okay ill have my camper with me.some one else is bringing my sxs down.Thing is i have the 23 b jayco hybird camper and cant put nothing to bumper

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
okay ill have my camper with me.some one else is bringing my sxs down.Thing is i have the 23 b jayco hybird camper and cant put nothing to bumper
roger that... it could probably still be done, but would be more involved and require some welding

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.