BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a 10" Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. I've got multiple trail mapping apps I use: Gaia, Avenza, Orux, Ride Command
I know this thread is over a year old. But, I have a few questions:

Are you still using the Samsung or have you shifted to something else.

Does it have a GPS chip or does it rely on mobile network?

I am wanting to buy a tablet and go this route vs using my phone. I don't want to break the bank, but also don't want to go the cheap route and regret it later.

Looking at the Samsung Tab A8 on Amazon for under $200. But cannot tell if it has GPS capability or not.

Reactions: Smitty335
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I know this thread is over a year old. But, I have a few questions:

Are you still using the Samsung or have you shifted to something else.

Does it have a GPS chip or does it rely on mobile network?

I am wanting to buy a tablet and go this route vs using my phone. I don't want to break the bank, but also don't want to go the cheap route and regret it later.

Looking at the Samsung Tab A8 on Amazon for under $200. But cannot tell if it has GPS capability or not.
Yes I still use it and purchased one of the cheaper A8 tablets to use in the Talon. Both have GPS chips and both are WiFi only. I much prefer the higher end 10" tablet. The A8 is okay, but it's really laggy.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, OK. Thank you

Sorry, I misread and though you said A4 and assumed the A8 was just a newer version.
So, the S4 is the higher end one that works better?

Guess I need to do more research to understand the differences. Honestly, I told myself I would get this done as soon as I got back from the TO last year and hear I am. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Rayger143 and CID
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Oh, OK. Thank you

Sorry, I misread and though you said A4 and assumed the A8 was just a newer version.
So, the S4 is the higher end one that works better?

Guess I need to do more research to understand the differences. Honestly, I told myself I would get this done as soon as I got back from the TO last year and hear I am. LOL
The S4 was the highest end Samsung 10" tablet a few years ago when I bought it. Haven't looked at them much but there's definitely been a few more high end Samsung tablets released since then.

Reactions: BrophyCreek