Official 2020 Silverton Colorado Planner

jrplaza2008

jrplaza2008

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2014
Richmond, TX
Ok, Guys here is the design for this Ride!! sounds like a lot of fun!!!
Captura de Pantalla 2020 07 07 a las 95052 pm
T Shirt COLORADO 2020

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just found the COTREX app. It’s put out by the Colorado Parks & Wildlife. Looks pretty informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you mind posting the link for that? Are you buying your Colorado OHV sticker through that???

Reactions: TimG and Pilgrim
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Do you mind posting the link for that? Are you buying your Colorado OHV sticker through that???

Here is the webpage. I don’t know if you can buy your sticker through the app or page.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
But it’s sponsored by the state so it probably has the best information about the trails and there conditions. I bet that you can download the map and GPS along the trails without cell service.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here is the webpage. I don’t know if you can buy your sticker through the app or page.

Thank you!!

Reactions: TimG and K9Paco
advertisement
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
If you miss the scenery and want to keep up with what’s going on socially around the loop there is a Facebook group that I’m in that keeps me updated and focused on my trip.

Look it up - San Juan Mountain Trail Group on Facebook.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I see it says old rsvp. Is there a new list?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I see it says old rsvp. Is there a new list?
You going to catch this ride after Glacier?
Click the register at top of page for RSVP.

Herbie

Herbie

Jul 26, 2019
Richmond, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the COtrex last year on a ride to Silverton from Creede and other trails near Pagosa. It will work without cell service, and will track your location. Slow to update at times. It highlights and shows the distances, also. You can preprogram different trail rides, and save them. Comments and pictures can be added by you and others. And yes, it is kept up to date by CO and forest service.
recommend it. And its free.

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Regarding the trail conditions, most all of them are actually county roads which are maintained throughout the summer. The county has a Cat D6R six way that they run all the trails over to the Hinsdale county line. Silverton and Lake City make much of their summer revenue from us so they keep them in good shape. Get a FunTreks map for a good hardcopy of them. Lots of good info on it (distances, difficulty, etc.).
For those who have studied the system before we go, My intention for first day out is to leave Silverton, maybe take a side trail up to a mine, go by Gladstone, up over Hurricane Pass, down to Lake Como, up over California Pass, down to Animas Forks, back to Picayune which leads over to CR 2 which has numerous takeoffs we can run depending remaining daylight. This will give get everyone's legs under them and give us an idea of how the group runs for doing the Alpine Loop later. So much to do, so little time! I have a working map in my head that I keep running through to make this as great of a ride for everyone as I can.
Wife and I and our friends coming with us in their 500 may try to run up Kendall Mountain Sunday afternoon if we arrive in time.

advertisement