P1000 OEM Glass windshield mods?

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so I have my OEM glass windshield inbound and wanting to modify it and wanted some opinions from others with this windshield.

Would installing vents where the orange arrows be possible.....according to the listing a 3-1/4" hole is needed....is there enough room in either or both of those spots? Thinking of orienting them so they blow directly on the driver and passenger.
Link to the vents I'm thinking: Slipstreamer #VV vetter windshield vent - pop/snap vents F325A Clear (PAIR) | eBay

Windshield

Thanks!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is a great idea! If you can find smaller ones because I am almost positive there isn't 3 inches to spare in those areas.

Reactions: BKopp and skidooby
skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well crud.....my other thought was to get a wider one like what is on the Goldwings and taking it to a glass shop and have holes cut in it that are low enough not to interfere with the wiper. like this guy did on his rzr.....guess I will have to wait till it comes in to measure.

DSC00730 1

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They can drill safety glass. Don't give up on it it's a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi and popeye
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That may go. I'll measure in a few hours if someone hasn't already got on it for you. Any air coming through will help lots.
Probably be many others here very interested if this works for you. Be really easy in Lexan shield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was thinking of having some vent holes cut with a water jet, both below and above the glass to help with the airflow into the cab

A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a good idea, I hadn't really thought about closing them off. Here in NM the weather changes so fast, my main focus was on airflow in hopes that it would cut down on the dust. But I do like the idea of being able to close them off

advertisement
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If I may reference another brands cab without being hung,

POLARIS. YEAH I SAID IT.

Polaris has an awesome vent system in Thier metal Window frame.

It's slots cut Into the frame with a knob that sticks out Into the cab. They are up on top not bot of window.

The flap is closed with a magnet. When you open the flap there is a magnet on the other side that sticks to the steel roof. Slick setup, and I've considered putting vents in as well since I leave my window on year round.

Let me know, I'm very Interested In this build.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My windshield is due in today. Going to take some measurements and the order accordingly. Also plan on talking to a glass shop about cutting holes for the wider ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My windshield is due in today. Going to take some measurements and the order accordingly. Also plan on talking to a glass shop about cutting holes for the wider ones.

I took my rubber seals off from the top and bottom of the OEM glass window.

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also I am looking at some sort of system where I can just unclamp the bottom clamp and rotate the bottom out about 6", it pivots nicely on the top clamps. Just gotta come up with some linkage or...?Then I could leave rubber seals in place for if it rains.
I took my rubber seals off from the top and bottom of the OEM glass window.

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I
Also I am looking at some sort of system where I can just unclamp the bottom clamp and rotate the bottom out about 6", it pivots nicely on the top clamps. Just gotta come up with some linkage or...?Then I could leave rubber seals in place for if it rains.
I've thought about that too....but have to have my windshield to investigate.....nice to know that it pivots on the top just fine. Making something up for the bottom shouldn't be too hard.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It would be cool to take our little foam triangles out and somehow make some wing window kits.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moneypit
A

Alexbgar

May 27, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Do you get alot more air flow without the rubber seals?

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you get alot more air flow without the rubber seals?
It is better without them. less dust and heat, but it needs more ventilation on warm days with the engine heat being sucked back into the cab area. I wish Honda would come out with a bracket system for the glass windshield that would allow it to pop out about 6" at the bottom. Then we could run the glass windshield with wiper.

skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is better without them. less dust and heat, but it needs more ventilation on warm days with the engine heat being sucked back into the cab area. I wish Honda would come out with a bracket system for the glass windshield that would allow it to pop out about 6" at the bottom. Then we could run the glass windshield with wiper.
I just got my windshield in today and installed, I have a plan for that....stay tuned should cost about 40 to 50 bucks.

Reactions: AZhunter
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my windshield in today and installed, I have a plan for that....stay tuned should cost about 40 to 50 bucks.

When you get it all working good please post all your details and pics. looking forward to em!

Reactions: Kilo427
advertisement