OE Honda switch plate and harness required?

P

Peakriver

Mar 16, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have an X that has a completely stock electrical system, I’m planning on adding the following:
Honda wiper
Winch
Corbin Customs turn signals
Light bar or pods.
Perhaps an inferno heater.
I see lots of wiring products sold by numerous companies and even this Forum.

My confusion is do I need the Honda wiring and switches or do these aftermarket options do the same thing?

I really want a clean electrical install and hopefully troublefree.

Reactions: Isaiah
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Save the trouble and start a conversation with @Hondasxs
Once you tell him exactly what you need, I'm sure he will be able to custom tailor a system for you with minimal invasion of the stock wiring.

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
P

Peakriver

Mar 16, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
Save the trouble and start a conversation with @Hondasxs
Once you tell him exactly what you need, I'm sure he will be able to custom tailor a system for you with minimal invasion of the stock wiring.
Ok great I’ll do that

Reactions: Isaiah
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks a lot @Neohio for the mention

Man, id love to make one. But the current issues has me somewhat held up. I am jnable to take on any custom work at this time.

I can offer any advice if needed.
Thanks.

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
ScottyP123

ScottyP123

May 17, 2020
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thank you @Hondasxs for what you are doing! I’m new to the scene and also had questions about all the wiring products and electrical system the Talon has. Is there a thread on the electrical system and ways to upgrade it. Thanks again for your time. We are picking up our 2020 4 seater tomorrow!!! I will be ordering my wench and plate setup from you soon!!

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Moab_Marty

Moab_Marty

Jul 12, 2019
Moab + Western CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Peakriver.... You are planning similar things to what I am in the middle of.

I am using a switch plate from XTC Power Products. I bouught switches separately, and making a home built panel with a high current relay triggered by the " key on power" and fused for 80 Amps where I take power from Honda's Winch Power pre-wire. I am also using a 10 circuit power waterproof distribution panel with 5 - fused 30 Amp relays and 5 -separate fused circuits ( 5 to 15 A as required).

Distribution panel located above and to the side of glove box in firewall. Want to make sure I can't drain the battery with key off and protect all wiring from accessory faults ( shorts).

I bought an aftermarket rubber shield (Ebay) that spans the entire width of the firewall to replace the stock shield that only covers the driver side half of the firewall.

I included some photos of my work in progress. I will clean up and protect wiring before I call it done. Reliability is super important to me. ( after all that's why we buy Honda.... Right? )

20200531 143309 20200531 143351 20200531 162957