P1000 November 2017 P1000 announcement date

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Does anybody know what day the 2017 p1000 will be announced? Any have details or expectations for the new model?

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been wondering the same thing. I have heard that Honda may release it soon, but may not be available at dealers till spring! That would be unfortunate.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
If production is that delayed, they must be making alot of changes.

I like your thinking!
if where just new decals and a cup holder we would already see them.
The suspense is building :)

Reactions: JTW
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I like your thinking!
if where just new decals and a cup holder we would already see them.
The suspense is building :)

Or, they're waiting for the 2016's to dry up first.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Saw a news story yesterday that is is going to be announced at Sema this week. That's a weird place for a utv debut if you ask me. Sema is all about trucks and cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Saw a news story yesterday that is is going to be announced at Sema this week. That's a weird place for a utv debut if you ask me. Sema is all about trucks and cars.

The Sema show is today through Friday, what time do you think they will release them?

Reactions: sharp
Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
No clue. This is where the "desert" Honda with fox shocks on it showed up last year but no one knew anything about it.

Interesting, I hope we see something soon. I would love to see a few things addressed:

1- heat problem
2- intake water problems
3- shift smoother/more quietly
4- some bucket seats would be sweet, although I really doubt we see that
5- some better shocks as rumored
6- Maybe a bit lower gearing in low range for those who run larger tires
7- A bit more power as I believe this engine is tuned down quite a bit.
8- Improvement on cab accessories (i doubt anything changes here)

I imagine they will have some different color options and maybe some painted shocks like the 700.

H

HondaTech

The AimExpo our dealer rep went to had a P1K with fix shocks in the Warn Winch booth. Not the same one from Sema last year but a plain white deluxe 5.

advertisement
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
+1 on the lower low range gears especially in reverse and taller 6th gear would be nice

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I follow Honda Powersports on Twitter and they are postings pics from SEMA showing the 2017 Sportbikes and dirtbikes, ie: CBR1000RR-SP. CRF450R & RX. It is a car/truck show but maybe the 2017 P1K will show up. Who expected a Fox shocked Baja P1K last yr?

Reactions: Hondasxs
C

c91x

Oct 3, 2016
Prescott,az
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm tired of waiting. Been holding out on buying one to see if honda makes some changes

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Sick of the new P500?
No.. I like it. I just think the bigger bike would be better suited for us as a family. I bought the 500 for its size and I'm finding that was unnecessary. (first sxs) I think a 4 wheeler and a larger more sporty sxs will suit us better.

J

JTW

I would way rather ride a 4 wheeler than to drive a SxS. The only reason I bought my P500 was that I figured I could take the dogs with me and maybe I'd actually go somewhere and do something recreational if they could come with. But I've had it 2 years and have never driven it. The dogs would way rather go for a walk than to ride, especially if I took them to the Black Hills or the Big Horns. I kind of feel all I did was throw a bunch of money away for something I didn't need whatsoever.
But I guess working at a powersports dealer, I get enough of the things being around them day in and day out. So this stuff has kind of lost it's "luster" to me so to speak. They always say a person should never turn a hobby into your job, and I'm absolutely believing that anymore.
Yep.. I tried to get something to do the job of the 4 wheeler and a full sized sxs.. I do really like it and it's a great setup BUT I just doesn't work the way I thought it would for my family.
And yeah.. I know what you mean. I trained horses for years.