Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
I guess I could also have asked,
What's the minimum a Talon needs?

Skid plate and hammer down. There is a video of bone stock talon making it up Devil's Elbow.
This ^^^^, all of the schit we claim it needs is purely for our own likes/benefit, but the stock skid is lacking if'n you're in the rocks. If not, run it as she comes

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
🤔.....and he deletes it 🤨
Screenshot for documentation
IMG 7322

advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I'll chime in here...

"Trail ready" is a relative term. Sure, you can run a stock Talon or a stock Pioneer through/up/down whatever you want and might get through just fine. You won't on the trails/obstacles I like to ride though.

Before @TripleB started riding with us retards, he had 12k miles on his buggy and had only changed the oil and swapped the tires. Now he's got 17k miles and has broken everything on the machine at least 37 times and blown up a KRX. If you're riding like I am and looking to hit the hardest trails/obstacles repeatedly, you are going to have to upgrade anything you buy.

I've never been on a ride through even remotely difficult terrain where someone didn't bend a factory radius rod and/or the factory front lower arms on a Talon. The buggy is faster, suspension is better, the arms are longer, and it's harder to see over the hood which all lead to the imminent destruction of the factory stuff.

Most people coming from a P1k/P5/P7 to a Talon or any other sport machine tend to have more awareness because you HAD to in the other machines or you'd destroy it at the speed/angles you can hit things at now.

You don't NEED to upgrade or change out either machine, but it is nice to have the option to do so based on your riding style. Just need to figure out how you, and your main riding group, want to ride.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll chime in here...

"Trail ready" is a relative term. Sure, you can run a stock Talon or a stock Pioneer through/up/down whatever you want and might get through just fine. You won't on the trails/obstacles I like to ride though.

Before @TripleB started riding with us retards, he had 12k miles on his buggy and had only changed the oil and swapped the tires. Now he's got 17k miles and has broken everything on the machine at least 37 times and blown up a KRX. If you're riding like I am and looking to hit the hardest trails/obstacles repeatedly, you are going to have to upgrade anything you buy.

I've never been on a ride through even remotely difficult terrain where someone didn't bend a factory radius rod and/or the factory front lower arms on a Talon. The buggy is faster, suspension is better, the arms are longer, and it's harder to see over the hood which all lead to the imminent destruction of the factory stuff.

Most people coming from a P1k/P5/P7 to a Talon or any other sport machine tend to have more awareness because you HAD to in the other machines or you'd destroy it at the speed/angles you can hit things at now.

You don't NEED to upgrade or change out either machine, but it is nice to have the option to do so based on your riding style. Just need to figure out how you, and your main riding group, want to ride.
The road from the campground to the Mexican restaurant and especially the parking lot can be rough in a couple of spots. With enough margarita intake you don’t care as much on the way back.

-Backwoods (probably)

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'll chime in here...

I only had 7500 miles on it when we did dragons back in December 2020 with @Plumber32. The rest of it is correct lol.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
So @futzin what color you going with? Black, Red or Blue (the fastest btw).

Don't give us that 50" trail excuse, you live within driving distance of RRB......do it

• Haha
Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I only had 7500 miles on it when we did dragons back in December 2020 with @Plumber32. The rest of it is correct lol.
That fateful day....

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Haha @Plumber32 just standing around doing f*** all while you wallow around in the mud 😂😂. Some things never change!