Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My current rims are just a basic solid rim. I'm looking to fancy it up with a nicer rim with red in it
I just knew it! Who in there right mind would want to take the cheapest way out! I sure didn't! HA!

• Haha
Reactions: Isaiah and GWH
advertisement
M

Marcel

Nov 14, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i went with an 6+1 rim with a 1” spacer on the back. I bought 28x10x14 tires all around So I can rotate them. I went with a 6+1 rim because I already have trails I can barely fit through the check points, any wider and I‘m not getting through.

the original bighorns 2.0 are the most comfortable tires I’ve tried yet, and surprisingly durable for a 4 ply tire, but noisy on hard trail since the P1000 is so quiet at speeds.

I now have an 8 ply ITP Baha Cross with a smooth tread like you're looking to get. The ride is smooth and very quiet, I can no longer hear any road noise on hard trail like the bighorns. BUT, they are firm and the ride suffers, I guess those are the trade off of a more durable tire. I compensate by removing some air from the tires, around 8 psi up front and 11 psi in the back.

The smooth tread also affects performance in mud but that’s to be expected. I was testing them knowing they‘d be worse, but in 4wd I had trouble getting stuck as long as I kept my momentum going. Stop and your stuck in holes I usually would have made it through.

I think every tire has a trade off, know what they are before choosing and you’ll be happy with your choice. I kept my bighorns for winter and I’m happy with my choices.

I hope that helps.

B

Bako-ken

Apr 19, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Motohammer 27x14x9, Method wheels. Think the 28x10x14 Motohammer would be better. Will need 1” spacers for the rear if the wheel offset is the same front/rear.

20F9ECBF 046C 4467 9F4E 3A6FCF1663C4 15005AD9 65D9 4589 92CD 7663A19F0F5D BBE5A01E EB23 4AA0 9708 5E0EA1D3CB7E

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i went with an 6+1 rim with a 1” spacer on the back. I bought 28x10x14 tires all around So I can rotate them. I went with a 6+1 rim because I already have trails I can barely fit through the check points, any wider and I‘m not getting through.

the original bighorns 2.0 are the most comfortable tires I’ve tried yet, and surprisingly durable for a 4 ply tire, but noisy on hard trail since the P1000 is so quiet at speeds.

I now have an 8 ply ITP Baha Cross with a smooth tread like you're looking to get. The ride is smooth and very quiet, I can no longer hear any road noise on hard trail like the bighorns. BUT, they are firm and the ride suffers, I guess those are the trade off of a more durable tire. I compensate by removing some air from the tires, around 8 psi up front and 11 psi in the back.

The smooth tread also affects performance in mud but that’s to be expected. I was testing them knowing they‘d be worse, but in 4wd I had trouble getting stuck as long as I kept my momentum going. Stop and your stuck in holes I usually would have made it through.

I think every tire has a trade off, know what they are before choosing and you’ll be happy with your choice. I kept my bighorns for winter and I’m happy with my choices.

I hope that helps.
That’s the most honest review I have read,from someone spending their hard earned money