Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@drfubar @Delton , y'all just derailed a perfectly good thread. Lol
Mike is correct. Apologies CP. I'm done.
You may have mentioned this earlier but how air tight is the cab up front? The factory one isn't sealed much better than our doors.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mike is correct. Apologies CP. I'm done.
You may have mentioned this earlier but how air tight is the cab up front? The factory one isn't sealed much better than our doors.

Absolutely none needed for me. I'm bad myself.
Everything from beltline up is totally sealed. I'll seal the roof as well. Probably over half of the factory doors will be done as well. Not worried about 100% here but throwing good seal also creates less vibration and a longer life on a project. Left all gaps around seat and box to create a heater. There is no need for supplemental heating at any temp in this I'm positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Absolutely none needed for me. I'm bad myself.
Everything from beltline up is totally sealed. I'll seal the roof as well. Probably over half of the factory doors will be done as well. Not worried about 100% here but throwing good seal also creates less vibration and a longer life on a project. Left all gaps around seat and box to create a heater. There is no need for supplemental heating at any temp in this I'm positive.

Nice

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Starting on the rear part of the enclosure finally. T-minus 1.5 days lol. Bit tight but that's how it goes. A relative idea but not 100%. I was going to do a big "H" as the window but decided it'll look tacky. Trying hard to keep a semi factory look and function won over looks yet again (sorry @moparornocar I couldn't do it) windshield,front doors and rear doors totally done, part 4 underway.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Starting on the rear part of the enclosure finally. T-minus 1.5 days lol. Bit tight but that's how it goes. A relative idea but not 100%. I was going to do a big "H" as the window but decided it'll look tacky. Trying hard to keep a semi factory look and function won over looks yet again (sorry @moparornocar I couldn't do it) windshield,front doors and rear doors totally done, part 4 underway.

I'm still watching buddy. It's all good. I can't wait to see it outside and all done.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm still watching buddy. It's all good. I can't wait to see it outside and all done.
Sucks when I said I was going to do something cool then I fail. Just can't see how to make it look right. Beginning
IMG 7719

The roof angles in at top so have build two separate pieces the upper will follow the roof line to the upper rear ROPS and seal on that.lower plastic basic rectangle cut upper is still in foam getting the shape close it's got to seal around the roof edges and latches.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sucks when I said I was going to do something cool then I fail. Just can't see how to make it look right. Beginning View attachment 29192

The roof angles in at top so have build two separate pieces the upper will follow the roof line to the upper rear ROPS and seal on that.lower plastic basic rectangle cut upper is still in foam getting the shape close it's got to seal around the roof edges and latches.
Not sure what we are looking at here?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not sure what we are looking at here?

I guess that is messed up lol! You can see the roof up top and tailgate on bottom. There's a small strip up top that's got about a 15 degree lean in to it. That's what we're getting close. It's a bit of a pain. I'll get better pic

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet tires have something to do with it. Softer tires like Bighorns will take a degree or two more than stiff sidewall tires. Of course that's just a guess.

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Many ways to skin a cat but I'm going to two- part urethane the two pieces together and use some screws as anchors. The center gets cut out so only spot glue that.
IMG 7727

It's ugly and just the beginning as well. Have to have solid piece the right shape to start.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I can't wait to see the 360 degree video when she's all done! The nice thing about practicing on your own is that you learn and will be able to do mine in half the time!:rolleyes:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Confusing now I know but I wanted it cool and to follow the natural lines in the machine. Something cool for the center later

advertisement