Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7657
IMG 7658

Haven't had time this week to get back on anything however spent a couple hours last night and now the basi door is mounted loosely and has basic shape. Have to trim and round edges and smooth things out a bit so it matches body lines. The hole is now filled at least. Got the back panel figured out as well but not started yet on final piece. Didn't need too because of use of PVC cement but still screeed every together and obviously I'll be filling those holes. Really like this material so far!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man every time I see an update on this it makes me giggity. I am about half ass convinced I can do it. I think I may use wood though at first. I'd feel a lot less bad about freaking up a 20 dollar sheet of plywood than a 200 dollar sheet if plastic.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Man every time I see an update on this it makes me giggity. I am about half ass convinced I can do it. I think I may use wood though at first. I'd feel a lot less bad about freaking up a 20 dollar sheet of plywood than a 200 dollar sheet if plastic.
This basic design is the best I can figure out. Too many other things won't work. I did make damn sure the foam templates fit great before I f*** up the plastic though! Those pics are still crude it'll get cleaned up drastically. I think it'll look pretty factory, seal up well and no flappy, that's where I want it to be

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T
This basic design is the best I can figure out. Too many other things won't work. I did make damn sure the foam templates fit great before I f*** up the plastic though! Those pics are still crude it'll get cleaned up drastically. I think it'll look pretty factory, seal up well and no flappy, that's where I want it to be
That's the ticket brother, looks amazing!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Today at lunch went down and picked up the lexan for the rear windows. He gave me a hell of a deal and made it possible.under half of elsewhere. 4x8 sheet big piece, and it was grey tinted like we decided on.
IMG 7662
Definitely tight coming into Xmas like everyone but it's a family vehicle and everybody is excited to be warm. 3 Xmas parties to go to this weekend so not a ton of time.
Under the gun again my wife says we're not going to let the heavy snow in our normal area get us down so in our tradition of many years now I was told we're going camping Xmas again. She had been saving a little on the side for this and said we need out. Yippee! City life only one more damn week. The bus isn't going and tent is out of question so a rental cabin it is. There is a spot in Washington that we normally go to on Valentine's Day,they won't be there but trust us with keys. Several of our friends and family are already in. No one for miles around so it'll be just us and that's perfect!
Have to get enclosure done and everything back together, some substantial maintenance on the Honda, the pos Polaris has to go so that's a big job again not sure why it doesn't idle and fire up and get two old sleds going. One week and counting.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
pos Polaris has to go so that's a big job again not sure why it doesn't idle and fire up and get two old sleds going. One week and counting.
I thought Popos where the king of cold weather starting?
Honda doesn't make sleds so they keep sending vehicles out with AAA batteries that wouldn't turn the engine over on a cool evening.
At least that's what I heard.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I thought Popos where the king of cold weather starting?
Honda doesn't make sleds so they keep sending vehicles out with AAA batteries that wouldn't turn the engine over on a cool evening.
At least that's what I heard.

It's been hard to start since summer. Feels like tight valves but they are in spec. It's weird. Plenty of juice. And I agree with Honda car factory batts! Funny. We have Yamaha sleds they're the most dependable just because Honda doesn't build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pct and sharp
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I love parts in the living room

View attachment 28646

You've got a good wife too! Mine was pissed after I cut all that plastic in the living room it was impossible to get out of the carpet! I'm now using a blanket.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The shock took a sec to figure out. You build the door then take hanging fish scale at the top shock mount point to weight the door after mounted to figure weight. Ok 31 pounds. (Actually 6.5 but it's heavier closer to the hinges because of lever action) I used 35 works great. You use extension mount on door and that uses shock to pull door in when shut. Built mount on factory bolt spot works great. A couple braces were added also can never be too solid. It's coming! Look at shock I made sure to use one with defroster wire clips, I'll be adding exterior lighting on the doors to make up for the tinted windows. 016c6ee92089c0afd299bb6fd8176867

Done for the night I need a beer or five!

Last edited:
J

JTW

The shock took a sec to figure out. You build the door then take hanging fish scale at the top shock mount point to weight the door after mounted to figure weight. Ok 31 pounds. I used 35 works great. You use extension mount on door and that uses shock to pull door in when shut. Built mount on factory bolt spot works great. A couple braces were added also can never be too solid. It's coming! Look at shock I made sure to use one with defroster wire clips, I'll be adding exterior lighting on the doors to make up for the tinted windows. View attachment 28662

What the f*** are you listening too?? Lol..

Music sucks.. but your work is top notch!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What the f*** are you listening too??

Ya well I have kids lol. I'm not always the one Bluetoothed in I'm not like @drfuber no music really bothers me. Tunes and beer I'm pretty good

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Straight up Idaho gangsta crap...

There's a lot of videos I can't show because of what's playing. I'm open mind. We get some looks sometimes in Idaho because of it. I just lmfao don't care 10 beers in. One of my favorite ones is Wheeler Walker Jr. he'll make even you blush buddy! I like country the best though.

Cheers!

11d99cd6707e618e8255605f9d5e0767i

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The shock took a sec to figure out. You build the door then take hanging fish scale at the top shock mount point to weight the door after mounted to figure weight. Ok 31 pounds. I used 35 works great. You use extension mount on door and that uses shock to pull door in when shut. Built mount on factory bolt spot works great. A couple braces were added also can never be too solid. It's coming! Look at shock I made sure to use one with defroster wire clips, I'll be adding exterior lighting on the doors to make up for the tinted windows. View attachment 28662

I have never saw a defroster wire hookup on a strut (I am from Bama though) like that and like the gullwing setup. U deserve 6 beers minimum! Awesome job!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have never saw a defroster wire hookup on a strut (I am from Bama though) like that and like the gullwing setup. U deserve 6 beers minimum! Awesome job!
s*** they have them there too lol. It'll work excellent for power then ground through hinges. One wire disconnect when doors pulled. Gullwing was way to go it's simple and opens up wide so eases getting in and loading. Two pins to pull from hinges and I gut this quick release for the strut.B363b37b1477c30164c5f32278cbd6a3
Thanks for that Snuff! It's been a long rough week the possibility of only 6 is very slim. Maybe pitchers.

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
s*** they have them there too lol. It'll work excellent for power then ground through hinges. One wire disconnect when doors pulled. Gullwing was way to go it's simple and opens up wide so eases getting in and loading. Two pins to pull from hinges and I gut this quick release for the strut.
Thanks for that Snuff! It's been a long rough week the possibility of only 6 is very slim. Maybe pitchers!
Pitchers only count as 1.

advertisement