P1000 New Purchase Dilemma

H

Hooper1

May 7, 2020
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi all, new to the group and looking to purchase a Pioneer 1000. Local dealer has a 2018 leftover that is attractively priced. However, the engine has a skip in high gear--similar to a problem where the timing on a car is off. The dealer committed to addressing it before it goes out the door. Anyone have a similar problem/fix and thoughts on moving forward and taking a chance? This would be my first Honda SXS. Thx in advance.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If there are no codes flashing on the dash display, I'd say it could be old/bad gas. Ethanol absorbs moisture like a sponge and if the unit is two years old, its likely that this is the problem. Some early year models had bad crimps on the fuel injector wires but that usually kills the engine and throws a code on the dash. Good luck and keep us posted. Oh and...welcome to the club!!!

H

Hooper1

May 7, 2020
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If there are no codes flashing on the dash display, I'd say it could be old/bad gas. Ethanol absorbs moisture like a sponge and if the unit is two years old, its likely that this is the problem. Some early year models had bad crimps on the fuel injector wires but that usually kills the engine and throws a code on the dash. Good luck and keep us posted. Oh and...welcome to the club!!!

That's great advice--thank you and I'll press them for more details. Happy to be part of the club!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all, new to the group and looking to purchase a Pioneer 1000. Local dealer has a 2018 leftover that is attractively priced. However, the engine has a skip in high gear--similar to a problem where the timing on a car is off. The dealer committed to addressing it before it goes out the door. Anyone have a similar problem/fix and thoughts on moving forward and taking a chance? This would be my first Honda SXS. Thx in advance.
@HondaTech

advertisement
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Welcome to the club from Tennessee;)

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
welcome from the Motor City! 🤟