New owner - 2022 P1000-5 Deluxe

S

Six7One

Jun 29, 2024
Albuquerque, NM
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Alabama. Nice looking rig - Did you say you had a dog?
I sure do! Here's my buddy and best boy, Momo!
MomoRide

NevadaCC

NevadaCC

Jul 13, 2024
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey There!

I put seat covers on my new 1000x5 and I cannot believe how much difference they make in everything from heat through the seats, to sweating and sticking to the seats when I'm wearing shorts and absorbing muddy water from the dogs paws when they jump in. I also don't slide around as much, they hold me still better and the dogs have a better grip jumping into the back from the front seats.

I have the new 2024 P1000 which doesn't get as hot around the seats as my previous 2021 P700.

Anyway, since you have a dog as your team member like us, and noticed the heat...thought I would let you know how much difference seat covers make. I just bought my online from Amazon.

In the previous version of Pioneer, I would definitely recommend some sort of heat shield matting as well. I stuck Dynamat type sheets under my 700 bench previously.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Trigger’s Quick Shield will offer more help with noise, steam, heat.

Reactions: ChadD and Six7One
advertisement
NevadaCC

NevadaCC

Jul 13, 2024
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh yeah, absolutely. If Honda hadn't provided more protection around the seats in the new models, I would be getting a heat shield as well.
So far the new P1000 is way more comfortable heat-wise than our 2021 P700.
If you have dogs with you, seat covers are nice to protect the vinyl from the claws as well.
Our dogs are the reason we stick with Pioneers lol, we need the bed for them to travel comfortably. It's so much fun taking them to alpine lakes or remote river banks to swim, they bark when we hook up the trailer to head out ha ha!

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh yeah, absolutely. If Honda hadn't provided more protection around the seats in the new models, I would be getting a heat shield as well.
So far the new P1000 is way more comfortable heat-wise than our 2021 P700.
If you have dogs with you, seat covers are nice to protect the vinyl from the claws as well.
Our little dog rides in a doggy car seat/ basket.

NevadaCC

NevadaCC

Jul 13, 2024
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have two Goldens. It's THEIR little jeep dontcha know?

My female Golden considers it her butterfly patrol vehicle, she has not outgrown chasing them yet. Our male Golden has a collection of tennis balls in the bed he watches over and adds to as we travel.

You would be amazed it how many tennis balls appear umpteen miles from anywhere in the Sierra Nevada. He is a tennis ball Search and Rescue dog!

S

Six7One

Jun 29, 2024
Albuquerque, NM
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey There!

I put seat covers on my new 1000x5 and I cannot believe how much difference they make in everything from heat through the seats, to sweating and sticking to the seats when I'm wearing shorts and absorbing muddy water from the dogs paws when they jump in. I also don't slide around as much, they hold me still better and the dogs have a better grip jumping into the back from the front seats.

I have the new 2024 P1000 which doesn't get as hot around the seats as my previous 2021 P700.

Anyway, since you have a dog as your team member like us, and noticed the heat...thought I would let you know how much difference seat covers make. I just bought my online from Amazon.

In the previous version of Pioneer, I would definitely recommend some sort of heat shield matting as well. I stuck Dynamat type sheets under my 700 bench previously.
Thanks for the info! I will look into that. Even a serape (sarape) style cover would let some air through and prevent some of the desert swamp bottom.

Reactions: TxDoc
S

Six7One

Jun 29, 2024
Albuquerque, NM
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have two Goldens. It's THEIR little jeep dontcha know?

My female Golden considers it her butterfly patrol vehicle, she has not outgrown chasing them yet. Our male Golden has a collection of tennis balls in the bed he watches over and adds to as we travel.

You would be amazed it how many tennis balls appear umpteen miles from anywhere in the Sierra Nevada. He is a tennis ball Search and Rescue dog!
That's awesome! Momo is more of a lean on dad and follow him around sort of doggo

Reactions: NevadaCC and TxDoc