P1000 New machine

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Alright guys and gals. Sometimes it seems there is a higher power telling you that you don't need something but daw-gone-it a sxs is something we have wanted for awhile now but with the kids and cars and sports and college it just didn't seem like it was the right time. Of course kids come first as they should but if everything goes right I should be able to pick up the 2018 p1k5 next weekend. Problems worked out, parts in to be put on and muffler issue fixed. Or patched which ever. Lol. They still won't give me an answer whether or not the cause of the issue is being addressed or just basically patched. Well as I am typing this I get a text from the dealer now saying the repairs are on a individual basis, whatever that means, so now we are unsure if it will be ready or not. As much as I hate to. Really starting to have doubts about Honda on this one.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your dealership can’t give you a straight answer, find another dealership. You shouldn’t spend this kind of money on something you don’t have confidence in, and if they can’t adequately address your concerns then they don’t deserve your money.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The exhaust update has to be done, from what I’ve read. Don’t get worried. These are great machines and will provide you with many great memories.

LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had the muffler update done on mine when I got it back yesterday from the clutch update. The fix is a metal shield between the muffler and the new plastic cover, which is about an inch more narrow at the top to let the heat escape.

Reactions: BWAF
W

Wils

Mar 27, 2018
Menomonie wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've owned mine, 2017 1000-5 EPS for 5 weeks. It's been in the shop more than it's been home with "updates". I lost a whole lot of respect for Honda on this buy. If you haven't put money down yet, think twice. Read some of the reviews on this site. Lot's of bad comments.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've owned mine, 2017 1000-5 EPS for 5 weeks. It's been in the shop more than it's been home with "updates". I lost a whole lot of respect for Honda on this buy. If you haven't put money down yet, think twice. Read some of the reviews on this site. Lot's of bad comments.

Read Plongson's response (#22) in the new recall thread.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Had the muffler update done on mine when I got it back yesterday from the clutch update. The fix is a metal shield between the muffler and the new plastic cover, which is about an inch more narrow at the top to let the heat escape.
Can you post a picture of that. Was this a seat heat remedy?

advertisement
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
700 owner myself but I can see where some people view the glass half empty when some flaws made it through design/production and appeared during real world use, but at least it looks half full (to me anyways) when Honda addresses and offers a proposed fix for them.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
700 owner myself but I can see where some people view the glass half empty when some flaws made it through design/production and appeared during real world use, but at least it looks half full (to me anyways) when Honda addresses and offers a proposed fix for them.
Honda has always been a reliable machine for us and is a respected name across the board but this journey of trying to get one bought has been a long one and with everything, personal and with all the things I'm reading happening to these, it's just making me question whether or not it's the right time. Maybe let Honda get these machines fine tuned. Idk.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000-5 deluxe is my first sxs. It is an awesome machine. I’ve spent too much time here and tricked it out, but I love riding it. Just a little want to and you can manage the “problems” guys whine about the most. I would not hesitate to buy again. Look at @CumminsPusher, he is the one hardest hit by the flaws of this machine.