P1000 New Honda roof install

indy

indy

Mar 9, 2019
Great Lakes
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i am going to install a new Honda roof on my p1k5, do you need to put foam seal on top of the roll bars first or is there not a problem with vibration or any noise from the roof.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i am going to install a new Honda roof on my p1k5, do you need to put foam seal on top of the roll bars first or is there not a problem with vibration or any noise from the roof.
I personally have not done that but it might not be a bad idea. You do get some squeaking from the roof. I have isolated mine to being mainly from the quick connect clips not being tight and it also helps to put a little lithium grease on them.

Reactions: indy
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did not do that and after a couple of rides I noticed notice noise from the roof hitting the rollcage. Most of the contact was on the rear support in the middle and along the sides of the driver side and passenger side rollbar. I bought some adhesive roll foam and simply added it in the places that rattled. Took a couple of trips to get them all, but now it is pretty much silent.

Last edited:
Reactions: indy
indy

indy

Mar 9, 2019
Great Lakes
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the roof today no problem, I only used two 4” strips of weather strip on the sides where the roof contacts the roll bar.
Went for a ride and seems good.