New Forum Software is UP!!!!.... What do you notice?

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm really liking the color & contrast changes over yesterday, thanks!

One odd thing, I turned off many email notifications, and that's worked fine when I'm offline. But, any posts to a thread I've posted in will generate a notification email when I'm online in the forum. Strange . . .

Here's my notification settings

Attachments

• notifications.jpg
    notifications.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 99
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Controling email notifications is important to me. I dont want anyone to get a flood of post notifications.

I'll look at this tonight.
Most likley it is old threads you have subscribed to. May have to remove the notifications from those past threads that are set to email you.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Controling email notifications is important to me. I dont want anyone to get a flood of post notifications.

I'll look at this tonight.
Most likley it is old threads you have subscribed to. May have to remove the notifications from those past threads that are set to email you.
No, it's not old threads. I left the forum open with my reply to this thread while going to do other RW stuff, and I got an email showing your reply to this thread.

Other than a couple minutes overlap where I might get a notification right after logging off that somebody has posted in this thread, the emails are stopped with my above notification choices. Just seems odd . . .

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I prefer post count, likes (and location) to be visible without clicking the dropdown button. As a FNG, it lets me know who's been around awhile and knows their s***.

Now git off my lawn.

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
While editing my post above, I got the email that you had posted this

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I prefer post count, likes (and location) to be visible without clicking the dropdown button. As a FNG, it lets me know who's been around awhile and knows their s***.

Now git off my lawn. View attachment 179459
Humm.. turning dropdown off makes it full view in mobile. I'll add this to the list.

advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thoughts on this now?
Yeah when did you get a Talon X and a Talon R and...? 😂 🤣

I don't mind it expanded or in the click to expand mode.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah when did you get a Talon X and a Talon R and...? 😂 🤣

I don't mind it expanded or in the click to expand mode.
I'm on a Yamaha forum and your old form platform blew there's away and this one is incredible, light years ahead of there's now!

Reactions: Buggyman
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thoughts on this now?
I prefer it this way (posts, likes and location always visible) BUT I'm on a 24" monitor. Mobil devices or limited data plans may not. I habitually glance at the info and find it handy. There are sites that let you block sig lines on the preferences page but I don't know if the left column has that possibility. Go with majority rule, thanks for considering.

Reactions: sharp and Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I prefer it this way (posts, likes and location always visible) BUT I'm on a 24" monitor. Mobil devices or limited data plans may not. I habitually glance at the info and find it handy. There are sites that let you block sig lines on the preferences page but I don't know if the left column has that possibility. Go with majority rule, thanks for considering.
I had planned to do something with sigs. Some of the sights I see are out of control. 1 line post. And a 80 line signature. We dont seem to have that problem here. I'll turn them off before it gets like that. Lol.

Reactions: CID
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
@Hondasxs: I don't mean to drone on (and I think you do a seriously great job) but I (we) really need to have access to a list of subscribed threads (like we used to have). If this software performs in similar fashion to the previous, there are many times that I never received notice of a new post on a subscribed thread. Therefore, I would routinely go to my subscribed threads list and check them manually. I don't know what prompts the software to arbitrarily decide to ignore my email notification preference on some subscribed threads, but trust me, it did.

I know you've got your hands full. Just didn't want this request to slip through the cracks. Thanks again for all you do.

Steve

Reactions: NTCPrezJB and Test2
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Hondasxs: I don't mean to drone on (and I think you do a seriously great job) but I (we) really need to have access to a list of subscribed threads (like we used to have). If this software performs in similar fashion to the previous, there are many times that I never received notice of a new post on a subscribed thread. Therefore, I would routinely go to my subscribed threads list and check them manually. I don't know what prompts the software to arbitrarily decide to ignore my email notification preference on some subscribed threads, but trust me, it did.

I know you've got your hands full. Just didn't want this request to slip through the cracks. Thanks again for all you do.

Steve
Is this what you are looking for
Click FORUMS then WATCHED THREADS
Or just click here -- >https://hondasxs.com/watched/threads

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Also @stellarpod
Upgrade your theme to the most current I am editing.
At the bottom of the page look for this.
If you like the blue, just let me know. I plan to remove it soon but we can keep it I guess.

advertisement