ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Update: Mine has now been upgraded to the SILVER edition! Who knew we could get a cool color changing exhaust tip so cheap? lol

93whitese-r

93whitese-r

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2017
Cincinnati ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went one step further hahaha I didnt take pictures of the exhaust tip but got rid of the cat in the muffler... It runs alot cooler from what I can tell

IMG 20200522 140952454 IMG 20200522 144236864

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
if anyone wants one of these I will send it to You for $25 + shipping , I got one put it on it fits looks good but was little to loud for me, used it for one day, I usually run in 1,2,3 low gear on trails with rpm up it has a bit louder tone some may like just not for me,,, it was black now its copper color,,,,,

Reactions: Rick53
advertisement
TI722

TI722

Feb 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
Is it a one time and done canned tune or do they tweek it for your machine?

it comes with three or four tunes from Dynojet and one tune from Hess after talking to them about my riding style and wants. If I'm not happy with it they can tweek it. I hope to do it this Friday afternoon. I currently have the fuel/ignition Dynojet PCV and they suggest I take it off so it's going to take a little time to switch over. He said I didn't have to, but, they would prefer I did. I didn't get into to deep discussion why, just figured I would. If anyone is interested I'll be selling it cheap, along with the auto tune stuff that I never got around to putting on

TI722

TI722

Feb 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
Let us know how that works out I'm so close to pulling the trigger haha

So far so good. I really like the new shift points. first three shifts are right at 4500 and the next two at 4200. there's definitely more giddy up and go when you put the skinny pedal to the floor. I haven't got to race anyone yet but the big hesitation when you slam the pedal down is virtually gone. there's still a hint of it but it's nothing like it was. I haven't got to put it to use on a difficult trail yet but the easy trails and river running we did over the weekend made me very happy. the dynojet PCV I had was a nice step up from stock and this takes it up another step from that.

I was mistaken on the tunes. It only comes with two. basically a stock tune if you want to revert it back and the Hess tune. it's my understanding you can get on the Dynojet page and get their tunes for it. I had a little trouble getting mine to load the nigh I tried to install it and Hess had it taken care of the next day.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The one that was listed on this thread was out of stock so I found another that looked just like it for $22. I am on the fence about the whiskey bent tip. I liked the thought of it alot but it is hard to justify $100 for one with the arrestor. A friend of mine just bought the big gun on ebay for his 1000 pioneer for $300. That made it more difficult to justify $100 for a tip. I am glad I found this thread because I just bought mine and can't wait to install it! Anywho here is the link to the one I bought

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The one that was listed on this thread was out of stock so I found another that looked just like it for $22. I am on the fence about the whiskey bent tip. I liked the thought of it alot but it is hard to justify $100 for one with the arrestor. A friend of mine just bought the big gun on ebay for his 1000 pioneer for $300. That made it more difficult to justify $100 for a tip. I am glad I found this thread because I just bought mine and can't wait to install it! Anywho here is the link to the one I bought

Got mine ordered!

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, not an expert but I'm curious how the wider tip (the one above claims 250% air flow increase) is affecting low end torque. And then combined with how the OEM computer is seeing and responding and then any subsequent long term issues.

I do know I had to be careful with my old Toyota trail truck with what exhaust size I went with to maintain low end grunt. Most think larger/more air flow is better all around. But this affects back pressure and low end. Larger does tend to provide more benefits at high rpm. I'm a slow boat/low end guy, so I think I'll stick with OEM.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Rick53 and BigOL3
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah, not an expert but I'm curious how the wider tip (the one above claims 250% air flow increase) is affecting low end torque. And then combined with how the OEM computer is seeing and responding and then any subsequent long term issues.

I do know I had to be careful with my old Toyota trail truck with what exhaust size I went with to maintain low end grunt. Most think larger/more air flow is better all around. But this affects back pressure and low end. Larger does tend to provide more benefits at high rpm. I'm a slow boat/low end guy, so I think I'll stick with OEM.

Just a thought.
If you take the OEM out and look at it it's probably falling apart like mine is. So will you buy another OEM .

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
@sporttrac4x4 Nope all good after 1600 miles - whew. Ever price an OEM by chance?
I have over 4000 miles and it starting to fall apart the screen is.

LIVINTALL

LIVINTALL

Jan 26, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Just a thought.

Most of your back pressure is way before the tip anyways so no worries there. I have noticed no ill effects from running a different tip. It does rev a little easier and changes the exhaust note/tone.

advertisement