New 2024 SHOWA Shocks - Questions and Answers.

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Showa makes a good shock, or at least used to, I used them back in my racing days, but just like the Fox they're building to order for Honda. I don't think these have been out long enough for anyone to make an informed decision on these ones yet. If they turn out to be less than stellar blame Honda, not Showa
They still do if the specs are right for the application. If these are less than ideal no reason they cant be made to be

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
My question is, how come Honda is fostering such a bunch of pansies. All this complaining about fancy shocks. Ohh they don't have this, or they won't do that. Boohoo! Clearly none of these people have ridden in a stock P500. If they had they'd know what it feels like to barely have shocks at all, and how a real man's (and some of your tougher lady types) buggy supposed to ride. Some of these people need to man (or again) (tougher lady type) up and realize non-shattered vertebrae and in bruised buttocks is for wusses.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
My question is, how come Honda is fostering such a bunch of pansies. All this complaining about fancy shocks. Ohh they don't have this, or they won't do that. Boohoo! Clearly none of these people have ridden in a stock P500. If they had they'd know what it feels like to barely have shocks at all, and how a real man's (and some of your tougher lady types) buggy supposed to ride. Some of these people need to man (or again) (tougher lady type) up and realize non-shattered vertebrae and in bruised buttocks is for wusses.

Hell yeah, Brother Red!! Preach that Truth! #PossePain #PosseApostle

KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
"YEAH! Man up, boys." - Tougher Lady Type

Ntc

Wait ... @Red500 your P500 came with shocks?

Last edited:
advertisement
Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Thats the spirit . Make the body work hard not the machine:):)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm heading to California on Wed for a meeting with Honda about the changeover to SHOWA Shocks for the 2024 Talon 1000s.
Honestly, I know very little about shocks. So I'm asking you for help.

What questions do you have for Honda regarding the SHOWA Shocks?
I'll present a few to the Honda techs and try to get some info/answers on them.

Thanks.

View attachment 432540View attachment 432538View attachment 432539View attachment 432537View attachment 432536
I find it odd that they have high & low speed compression damping adjustment, but no pre-load adjustment for the springs. This definitely stymies the option of replacing springs and adjusting for ride height / weight load.

For a "Sport" class machine the shocks should have the pre-load and rebound damping adjustments in addition to the current adjustments even if the cost of the machine has to go up $50-$100 to offset the cost of essential features expected of a sport machine.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Springs that coil bind don't last very long. What happened to Ride Red. This is a sport model. A local dealer has several 2022 and 2023 black Talons with over a $2,000 discount and they aren't selling.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Springs that coil bind don't last very long. What happened to Ride Red. This is a sport model. A local dealer has several 2022 and 2023 black Talons with over a $2,000 discount and they aren't selling.
I'm waiting on BNGs.

advertisement