P1000 New 1000-3 owner

byronf22

byronf22

Jul 6, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been looking at these for 2 years, waiting out all of the kinks, etc. picked it up last weekend in blue. I wish they would offer the green with EPS. Ordered the green plastics and got them installed yesterday. My brother didn’t care for the touchy throttle or the angle he had to hold his foot, and bought something called a throttle max. It extends the accelerator towards the seat for a more comfortable foot position. I have a way to go on accessories. First step will be aux battery and winch. Glad to finally be a pioneer owner.

A158A092 8A5C 42EC 99BF FB73C4F0C21C

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been looking at these for 2 years, waiting out all of the kinks, etc. picked it up last weekend in blue. I wish they would offer the green with EPS. Ordered the green plastics and got them installed yesterday. My brother didn’t care for the touchy throttle or the angle he had to hold his foot, and bought something called a throttle max. It extends the accelerator towards the seat for a more comfortable foot position. I have a way to go on accessories. First step will be aux battery and winch. Glad to finally be a pioneer owner.

View attachment 81076
Good looking machine welcome to the club and the addiction

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: X4Dice
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You're starting out on the right foot for sure!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: mjn and BWAF
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Welcome to the addiction from Texas

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 81076
Awesome buddy welcome to the club!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

byronf22

byronf22

Jul 6, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just an update since buying the pioneer. I love this machine! AT in low takes some getting used to, but the paddle shifters are the way to go when creeping around the woods and down muddy buckshot roads. I had one incident of the machine overheating when creeping around in low AT. Thanks to this forum, I burped the radiator and haven't had any issues since. Since purchase the only modifications have been a KFI winch, rear cargo/back up lights, a switch panel from the guy on facebook, and a usb charger. I hope this thing lasts as long as my fourtrax and rubicon with as few of issues. My Ranger 800xp was a maintenance nightmare. Ball joints, wheel bearings, a-arm bushings, and rack and pinion went out within the first 1200 miles. How necessary is the aux battery I've been reading about? Only future mods may be a lightbar on the front. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: dnjones161 and BWAF
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just a hair under 200 miles with my 2018 1000-5, and I have also noticed that the low gear is a little bit jumpy. Possibly designed for pulling? That's the only way I can explain the prolonged shifts. The automatic transmission in high gear runs like a dream. Much smoother than before the first maintenance.

Love that color by the way!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just a hair under 200 miles with my 2018 1000-5, and I have also noticed that the low gear is a little bit jumpy. Possibly designed for pulling? That's the only way I can explain the prolonged shifts. The automatic transmission in high gear runs like a dream. Much smoother than before the first maintenance.

Love that color by the way!

It smooths out with miles and especially once it’s warmed up.

advertisement
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Washington State!

I'm adding the aux battery this next week. With the addition of a winch, it's a smart idea IMO. Regardless how much juice you use, if you're pulling it off your aux battery, your machine will still start.