Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ffcad054d54312354ba06202337457d8

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Btw, there are a few positions that Trump took early after this shooting that while not terribly significant would certainly be steps in the right direction. Banning bump stocks, expanded and more detailed background checks and raising the age limit for all gun purchases. I wish he could get strong bipartisan support in both houses of congress for that. But under any circumstances we don’t need a president suggesting that the law and constitution be subverted to address a very real problem in America that we all have a vested interest in. He won’t even find Republican support for that kind of precedent.
Good timing Monte :rolleyes: Your group ride at Mulberry starts today and you’ve alienated the majority of the participants o_O.

Goober.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Donald Trump has indicated his support for confiscating firearms from certain dangerous people even if it violates their legal rights, in comments guaranteed to enrage a large section of his support.

In remarks almost unthinkable for a modern Republican president, he told senators at the White House to discuss general school safety: "Take the firearms first and then go to court.

"I like taking the guns early, like in the crazy man's case... take the guns first, go through due process second."

Well sorry, but this is illegal and violates the constitution. And the rats are jumping ship. Hicks is the latest domino to drop. After confessing having lied for the president. He has the heaviest turn over of any other president in decades at 34%. Reagan held the record before him at 17%. And the position he espoused yesterday isn’t helping.
Giphy downsized large

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Bump stocks are range toys at best, could care less about them but I do feel that is a long slippery slope to start banning such things.
Yes, I do realize that. I’m also aware of the slippery slope argument. Though we’ve had bans on certain fire arms in the past and still have on automatic weapons (without a very strict permit process) and that hasn’t been the result. I do appreciate the concern however and that’s a good reason for due diligence. Even free speech has restrictions and I don’t see this as very different.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I can tell you as a medical provider our biggest problem is mental health.
And on that you and I have no disagreement whatsoever. I’d support an EMR for mental health providers, and with respect to Florida anyway (not sure about other states on this) the criminalization of mental health providers for asking a patient if they own a gun should be repealed.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Now from law enforcement view point I have been on swat for over 6 years. We train and we train in schools during the summer exclusively. If you are in law enforcement and you don't know how to respond to an ACTIVE SHOOTER, stop what you are doing and ask your supervisor for training. Sitting outside and thinking about what to do next is not the appropriate response. Go in, go the the direct threat and eliminate said threat and don't stop till you or the threat is gone.
And I totally agree on that as well. Seems there were so many failures with regard to this particular incident that have nothing to do with guns.

Reactions: Chooglin and BWAF
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So let's put all of our time , energy and money there ! That would resolve the majority of the problems , not the guns !
I see both issues as problematic, mental health certainly moreso and would be supportive of any improvements to that congress and this president could make. But I do not think that suggesting that our police should violate our law and constitution is the right approach to a problem I believe we’d all like to see solved.

Reactions: Chooglin
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Speculations and more speculations
That's all I here. Just wait and see...
Trumps is just stirring the pot till all this blows over..... It lets pretend independents and liberals think their getting what they want. While he slaps down tariffs on non domestic steel suppliers and brings back "USA made"Steel.... JMO

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Speculations and more speculations
That's all I here. Just wait and see...
Trumps is just stirring the pot till all this blows over..... It lets pretend independents and liberals think their getting what they want. While he slaps down tariffs on non domestic steel suppliers and brings back "USA made"Steel.... JMO
Well...we've been saying that if Trump came out tomorrow for "gun control", the libs would all be ranting and raving about how we need guns and its our right, etc, etc. The only thing they can be counted on for is to take the other side.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well...we've been saying that if Trump came out tomorrow for "gun control", the libs would all be ranting and raving about how we need guns and its our right, etc, etc. The only thing they can be counted on for is to take the other side.
Well, speaking for myself, I support the second amendment and as it has been most recently defined by SCOTUS (Heller vs DC 2008). I just don’t support any suggestion that police ought to violate our law and constitution by confiscating guns first and leaving it to the the courts to hash out second.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You ain't got no guns CP. You've got beer can aerators!
If I did have any they would be end of world type full size all metal, stainless internals and barrels with illumated sights, 19 rd mag and guide rail lasers, just in case someone went to take them away from us. That’s what I would choose:)

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, speaking for myself, I support the second amendment and as it has been most recently defined by SCOTUS (Heller vs DC 2008). I just don’t support any suggestion that police ought to violate our law and constitution by confiscating guns first and leaving it to the the courts to hash out second.
Eh...I think you "support" anything that undermines or slanders the POTUS that you don't like...

Reactions: Mopower58
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Eh...I think you "support" anything that undermines or slanders the POTUS that you don't like...
Quoting the potus verbatim is now slander??? :D:D

advertisement