P1000 My New LE, and a Malfunction Light

AggieVet

AggieVet

Aug 10, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my LE yesterday and I LOVE IT! The adjustable Fox shocks are incredible, and the quietness is unreal. The shifts are smooth as silk. It is amazing.

Until after 15 minutes of easy to moderate driving the !I4WD light came on. I was not very happy. I brought it to the dealer this morning, and they said that it was because of a loose battery connection. Whew!

I must say, that aside from the hiccup with the battery, I am VERY impressed with this machine. It is on a whole different planet than the 700!

I am going to take it out on a serious off-roading trip next weekend, and I will report how well the new
I4WD system works. I will say that when the Fox shocks are set to soft, it rides like a Cadillac at low to moderate speeds.

P.s. Can you tell that I am a Texas A&M Aggie? :)

Upload 2017 4 15 11 6 2

Upload 2017 4 15 11 10 42

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got my LE yesterday and I LOVE IT! The adjustable Fox shocks are incredible, and the quietness is unreal. The shifts are smooth as silk. It is amazing.

Until after 15 minutes of easy to moderate driving the !I4WD light came on. I was not very happy. I brought it to the dealer this morning, and they said that it was because of a loose battery connection. Whew!

I must say, that aside from the hiccup with the battery, I am VERY impressed with this machine. It is on a whole different planet than the 700!

I am going to take it out on a serious off-roading trip next weekend, and I will report how well the new
I4WD system works. I will say that when the Fox shocks are set to soft, it rides like a Cadillac at low to moderate speeds.

P.s. Can you tell that I am a Texas A&M Aggie? :)

View attachment 40335

View attachment 40336
Sharp looking ride. Glad it was a simple fix. No get that thing dirty!

Reactions: Windrock1000
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
SWEET!!!!

Hope that after a good ride you bought a pressure washer when you bought that LE
'cause it sure is pretty and it MIGHT get a little bit dirty.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
For some reason Honda has a hard time with tightening the battery cables on the assembly line. I bet half the Pioneers off the truck have improperly tightened cables.
Might not hurt to check the front ROPS bolts, as I've seen alot of them come in loose.

Reactions: Arizona and JTW
AggieVet

AggieVet

Aug 10, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update: That !I4WD error light came on again, and I had to take it back to the dealer. It took them a little while, but they finally figured out that the front left sensor was bad. They replaced it and it's now working. Just an FYI for any other LE owners.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Update: That !I4WD error light came on again, and I had to take it back to the dealer. It took them a little while, but they finally figured out that the front left sensor was bad. They replaced it and it's now working. Just an FYI for any other LE owners.
Really wonder about the reliability of all the electronics on that machine especially after it is submerged in mud and water.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad that it was an easy fix.

Now get that thing dirty!

Reactions: Windrock1000
advertisement